Skip to content

Trouble with Yxunomei.....

I had posted about this a while back, but with no luck I played some NWN:EE instead. I am back to Icewind Dale, but could not find my previous thread. So, I am posting again (my apologies). I am in the Rooms of Bleeding, at the end of the Dragon's Eye dungeon. I am playing with two fighters, a rogue, a cleric, and two mages. When played correctly, I can defeat most of the the yuan-tis but when Yxunomei comes into the room, I get her down to about half her hit points but one-by-one, my characters are slain. Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    edited April 2019
    Buff your whole party with haste and other spells like protection from evil, reapplying as necessary. Make camp in the final room above and to the left of Yxunomei’s chamber. Trigger the encounter with one character and then fall back to that room, use the web spell to slow the enemy’s advance. Turn the area by which they have to approach you into a killing ground with missile weapons, skull traps, fireballs etc. The slow spell may also help if you have the slots. Summons can slow them, I recall animate dead also can give you more archers to kill the minions. Apply traps beforehand with your thief if they have the skill points (you can reload spam to set them properly if your skill is low). Yxunomei can only be hit with weapons that are +2. You should have some +2 arrows, if necessary have one character run around in circles while you snipe her with the others.