Skip to content

Anomen Question

Heya. I'm playing a female human Paladin. I've been pursuing the Anomen romance option. I've--ABSOLUTELY--picked all the right dialogue options. Like...I H A V E. But, now, I'm at the part of SoA where I'm in the Spellhold Dungeon, and Bodhi approaches, and CharName changes into The Slayer for the first time. When my character turned back, it was Aerie who talked to me, not Anomen. Is the Anomen romance shot for no reason at all? Or is everything kosher? Thanks.

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    You can check the romance status on eekeeper , if the number is 1 it hasn't started, 2 means in progress and 3 means finished.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    DJKajuru wrote: »
    You can check the romance status on eekeeper , if the number is 1 it hasn't started, 2 means in progress and 3 means finished.

"AnomenRomanceActive" = 1 means "flirt status", = 2 means "committed" (it should be "2" after the flower talk), but = 3 means romance broken!

@miklosselkirk You mean this change? (I hope I'm not mixing them up): ~Your blood cools, and mind and body are reunited under your control. Your will had faltered, and the essence of Bhaal was there to take advantage. ~

Looking at the code, after this first change, the romance status is of no importance. That comes
    later, when the PC changes again after resting. There the romance interest should react two times: upon transforming, and after changing back.

That Aerie talked is a sign that Anomen couldn't, though. Looking at the dialogue, he should have precedence over Aerie (by of the order in which the reactions of present NPCs are called). Is he far away from the PC, or somehow under a spell effect of sorts? You should keep him near and able to talk, or you will miss out on the romance content you were expecting later.

gorgonzolailduderino
  • miklosselkirkmiklosselkirk Member Posts: 12
    He was significantly more distant from my PC than Aerie was. A short time later, after the SECOND involuntary Slayer transformation, Anomen did speak and refer to PC as "my dear." So I'm fairly confident it's all kosher. Thank you!
    ilduderino
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @jastey Do you know of any mod that allows a player to complete Anomen's personal quest without romancing him?

Thanks!
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Raduziel Indeed! Lumorus' Hidden Adventures gives you a heart-warming closure to Anomen's quest only if you are not romancing him. The mod is in beta but the Anomen quest component was tested and should work properly!
    Raduzielgorgonzola
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @jastey You never cease to amaze me. Thanks!
    jastey