Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• jessejmcjessejmc Member Posts: 141
    @Wise_Grimwald: Tough luck on the domination. Is that a bug or intentional in the game mechanics?
    Wise_Grimwald
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    The game came to an end at the end of the Grey Clan Episode. Bladeservant was dominated despite wearing the helmet of charm protection. :(
    @Wise_Grimwald Tough luck. The Grey clan is difficult for sure.

As I recall domination and charm are two separates. It works the same way, but they are different. For instance the shield of Harmony has a distinct (and mentioned) protection against both. But the need to differentiate the two is above me - I’d second a reload.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Grond0 wrote: »
    The game came to an end at the end of the Grey Clan Episode. Bladeservant was dominated despite wearing the helmet of charm protection. :(

@Wise_Grimwald sounds to me as though perhaps you were dominated because of wearing the helmet of charm protection. I'd hazard a guess you're not using the latest EE version. In older versions there was a bug associated with the interaction of different types of protections. That typically manifested as elves and half-elves being vulnerable to charm (or sleep) when using specific protections in addition to their elvish resistance.

Bladeservant is an elf so that would figure. So it is a bug I presume. I can easily work around that one. Use a non-elf as the tank with the helmet of charm protection. Would the same apply to dwarves as they have their own magical resistance?
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Grond0 wrote: »

@Wise_Grimwald sounds to me as though perhaps you were dominated because of wearing the helmet of charm protection. I'd hazard a guess you're not using the latest EE version. In older versions there was a bug associated with the interaction of different types of protections. That typically manifested as elves and half-elves being vulnerable to charm (or sleep) when using specific protections in addition to their elvish resistance.

Bladeservant is an elf so that would figure. So it is a bug I presume. I can easily work around that one. Use a non-elf as the tank with the helmet of charm protection. Would the same apply to dwarves as they have their own magical resistance?

No.
    That is good to know. :)
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    @Wise_Grimwald Just to second Grond0's opinion, basically the bug was elven protection (which isn't 100% charm protection) would override any 100% protection, such as the charm protection helmet or greenstome amulet. So if you are an elf, was almost certainly the bug manifesting itself.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075

Actually, I suspect the reason why the domination bypassed your immunity was because the particular spell used a different charm effect. The game has two different charm effects: one is the regular one that is used by regular spells like Charm Person, Dire Charm, and even Domination. The other one is used to charm creatures that are normally immune to charm (Control Undead, for example, uses this effect). Items and spells that grant immunity to charm usually grant immunity to the regular charm effect and not the bypassing charm effect. Perhaps your character was hit by a special modded spell that used the bypassing charm effect.
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited May 2019
    @OlvynChuru While we haven't had a recent example, a while ago this came up multiple times about no-reloads ending because the greenstone amulet failed to protect an elf. Testing proved that for non-elves, the greenstone amulet always protected against charm, but for elves not always. It was eventually determined the elves natural protection from charm (which is not 100%) for some reason took precedence over the greenstone amulet's supposedly 100% charm protection. This is a clearly a bug, and doesn't happen in vanilla. In addition, @Wise_Grimwald mentioned his character was in fact an elf, so the bug @Grond0 described is the likely culprit.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,343
    @Wise_Grimwald
    The second pair of worn whispers at Ulcaster was a bug in Vanilla, but according to this thread Nadarin in BG city has them as well:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71808/boots-of-stealth-missing-from-ulcaster
    AerakarWise_Grimwaldlolien
    edited May 2019
    @Gate70 I'm a little confused about your screenshot. According to the info on the right, I (Corebard) have AC 5 chain mail, -1 AC for ring and -4 for dexterity bonus - how does that equal AC 6 in your screenshot? In fact, in the screenie above, Grond0's character has no armor and just dexterity adjustment yet he has same AC as my bard. How does that compute? @Grond0 do you have a comment on this?
    Post edited by Corey_Russell on
    edited May 2019
    @jessejmc Hard luck.

Bladeservant et al muddled their way through the Northern Citadel Quest only to find that to finish the quest they have to travel by sea to an island in the west. Looks like they will need to find transport. :) I thjink that I know where.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    jessejmcMantis37StummvonBordwehrEnuhal