Skip to content

How to install: BG1 NPC Project

Lazlo_ArcadiaLazlo_Arcadia Member Posts: 73
So I'm trying to install BG1 NPC Project and the installer seems to hang. I'd happily attach an image of what i'm seeing, but cant figure out how to do so with the way the forums are configured. The text I get when launching the setup-bg1npc.exe simply freezes at the line:

{setup-bg1ub.exe} Queried (pid = 808)

I've no idea what this means. Is there a pre-req mod that it is missing and thus looking for some sort of reference file or something?

NOTE: Can any one tell me how to attach an image to the forums?

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    In the meue above the answer field (where I am typing right now...) there is a small "image" symbol. If you click on that, you should be able to chose an image from your computer and attach it to the post, or give a url in case it's online available.
  • Lazlo_ArcadiaLazlo_Arcadia Member Posts: 73
    @jastey yeah it must have been late when I was doing this. It is sitting right in front of me... #FeelingDumb
    Now that I've attempted this process with several other mods, I THINK that this means BG1 NPC Project actually installed properly. However I definitely would not swear to this. Can anyone confirm if this looks right?
    575vrbby2oun.jpg
    I THINK that this means BG1 NPC Project actually installed properly
    No - it just updated the installer (setup-bg1npc.exe)to the current (v246) version, because your setup-bg1npc.exe was still v242. (Which version of bg1npc project are you using?
    Does the process continue after some time, or does the exe window close again and you can initiate the actual install process?
    @jastey No, it just hangs at this point. In fact about 1/2 of my mods got to this point and then hung and would not proceed any further. I was hoping it was just some funky way that the installer was finishing, and because I'm so new at this I just didn't recognize it.

In reality, it sounds like 1/2 my mods didn't install?
    I fear so.
    Maybe someone could post how to make the installer continue. The only way I can think of right now is: take for example the setup-bg1ub.exe (from your image above), make a copy, rename it to setup-bg1npc.exe, replacing the old.
    If you start the install of BG1NPC Project then, weidu is already at v246 and the install should work.