Skip to content

What are some great shows you're hooked on?

13»

Comments

• j3cwillj3cwill Member Posts: 51
    @Moomintroll

No, I have not seen that movie. I will definitely have to catch it sometime. Thanks for the suggestion:)
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Moomintroll and @j3cwill 28 Days later rocks!

@Reedmilfam Firefly was my most loved show... We did not get to see it in Britian apart from a brief airing on the scifi channel, but only if you had that channel... I watched it on DVD at a suggestion from a friend and was totally hooked, by complete coincidence the film then came out and the whole story line completely blue me away!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

"Heroes" had one of the best first seasons ever... then season 2 was "ok" and after that, it TANKED. Such a bummer... Was fantastic at the start. Became lame.

[spoiler] I liked heroes only up until the doctor developed the ability to give anyone powers. It lost all meaning to me after that and as a result I have not gone back.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I'm into the fifth season of Fringe and I may never watch the third episode of Revolution. Doctor Who makes me sad and angry but I'm still watching it. Community, Breaking Bad, 30 Rock, Polar Bear Cafe... I watch a lot of stuff actually. Can I list My Drunk Kitchen? Well I'm going to. Youtube shows count now.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I want to get back into The Walking Dead, but I got bored of it in season 2. Hopefully season 3 is good.
  • ZraenianZraenian Member Posts: 26
    Currently watching:

- Homeland (brilliant first season, not yet started on s2)
    - Dexter (its so weird to support a serialkiller over the police)
    - Breaking bad (who doesnt love a neardeath cancer patient slinging meth into the world!)
    - Hell on wheels (i really like the dramatic and action, sometimes a bit long)
    - Falling skies (scifi in a not to weird setting, i like the realism of the world)
    - Game of Thrones (brilliant adaption of the books imo)
  • cutlasskiwicutlasskiwi Member Posts: 35
    My favorite show on TV right now is Suits. I love everything about that show and it even has Gina Torres too. I'm a huge Dr Who fan and I'm eagerly awaiting season three of Sherlock, although that will be a long wait.

I also watch a lot of comedies like Parks & Rec, It's always sunny in Philadelphia, community and so on.

Favorite shows that are no longer on the air includes shows like Firefly, The Wire, Deadwood and my guilty pleasure show: Gilmore Girls.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    I watch a lot of series with my roommate and we've just finished up S6 of Supernatural which was pretty good.
    We've also rounded up the first three seasons of True Blood, a show we both actively disliked after 1,5 season but for some reason couldn't stop watching. The S3 finale finally killed out intrest though.
    I'm anxiously waiting for S3 of Game of Thrones in which I hope the Bitch King finally gets what's coming to him (I'll read the books after the series is done, which I'm told is a more pleasurable experience than the other way around).
    Firefly was absolutely excellent, shame it ended when it did. In my top3, along with Angel and Buffy the Vampire Slayer (notice a theme?)
    Heroes was excellent in S1, kinda weird in S2, completely unhinged in S3 and we haven't started S4 yet. Clearly the writers had nothing planned out after S1 and started pulling things right out of their ass. A shame.

On the future watch list are Mad Men and Breaking Bad, both seem incredibly awesome.
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    Darn it Guys! what about a "Dynasty", "Bold an Beautifull", "Maria" with unforgettable creations of Grecia Holmenarez and Jorhe Martinez
    What about legendary "Ciranda de Pedra" with magnificent RodriguesFernandoEduardoLopezSanchezVasquesHosesMartinezPerez ( his last name is Perez ) So I ask again where is their well deserved place in the history of best Tv shows Huh??!!
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    Southpark and little britain. But southpark FTW!
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    edited October 2012
    I mentioned it earlier and now after 3 episodes i'm loving it. New show called "last resort". Very tense, chair gripping drama and a good cast with an interesting though not original premise(then again not many shows these days can claim to be a "fresh" new idea like lost or fringe or firefly). Highly recomended so far. Just not sure if they can keep this pace up for an entire season, i hope they do.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Just finished watching Deadwood for the first time, really enjoyed it. Found myself laughing at the "grittyness" alot, it was just so over the top.