Skip to content

Selling Cursed Scrolls

Does anyone buy them? Just curious before I horde them forever....

Comments

• ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    I think Thalynter will buy them for one gold.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    in bg2 you can sell them for more than 1 gold, dont know why they changed that in bg2 from bg1, this even happened in the vanilla games
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    I think Thalynter will buy them for one gold.

Nope... he was my go to, he does not.
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    edited May 2019
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    in bg2 you can sell them for more than 1 gold, dont know why they changed that in bg2 from bg1, this even happened in the vanilla games

Yeah I seem to recall being able to sell them in BG:EE... but no one buys.
    Calmar
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Melicamp wrote: »
    sarevok57 wrote: »

Yeah I seem to recall being able to sell them in BG:EE... but no one buys.

yeah, as far as i can recall for bg1 there will be no dice on selling them cursed scrolls
    ThacoBell
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    Discussion moved.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Cursed scrolls in BG1 have a cost of zero. As such, vendors won't buy them from you, much as they won't buy mundane clubs or staves. Unless you're planning to use them for something, throw them out.
    ThacoBell
  • Toot83Toot83 Member Posts: 20
    In BG1, you can only sell cursed scrolls for 1gp if they are unidentified. So if you don't mind metagaming, that's the solution. Not exactly worth the trouble though...
    unseeingeye
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Has anyone tried casting them on enemies.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Has anyone tried casting them on enemies.

I've looked at it with the odd one and never found it successful. Even those scrolls where the effect is supposed to be able to be cast on someone else don't allow that - the curse just goes straight after the user.
    kansasbarbarian
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I made a tweak mod with a component that lets you use cursed scrolls on enemies. You can find the mod here.
    Grond0kansasbarbarian
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I usually have a particularly disliked NPC (like Eldoth. XD) use multiple of the cursed scrolls, then read a Cursed Scroll of Monster Summoning and let the summoned monsters kill him off.