Skip to content

No Fatigue After Haste?

It's been a minute, but I thought the party was auto-fatigued after the Haste Spell? Even if it increases the rate at which they become fatigued, I just traveled overland hours, hasted, had a battle, and no one is fatigued. Haste is a jacked spell already. This was like the one drawback I recall. Is this a bug?

Comments

• BubbBubb Member Posts: 998
    It takes 2 Haste casts in the Baldur's Gate games to get characters fatigued. And, for some reason, the devs decided to make it only one cast in Icewind Dale.

I seem to recall there being a bug in fatigue accumulation over time, so it is very possible that your characters will never get fatigued naturally.
    StummvonBordwehrHaHaCharadesemiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Bubb wrote: »
    It takes 2 Haste casts in the Baldur's Gate games to get characters fatigued. And, for some reason, the devs decided to make it only one cast in Icewind Dale.

I seem to recall there being a bug in fatigue accumulation over time, so it is very possible that your characters will never get fatigued naturally.

Kind of silly. Fatigue makes sense, and considering the spell is so jacked, it's a fair trade I think.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    The issue with fatigue accumulation is that it resets every time you load a save. Characters that are already fatigued stay fatigued, but everybody else has that invisible counter reset to zero. If you want it to matter as intended, keep reloading minimal - preferably only just before or just after a rest.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,055
    Also, a constitution score greater than 14 will make you immune to the accumulation of fatigue.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Also, a constitution score greater than 14 will make you immune to the accumulation of fatigue.
    Not immune, it just takes longer before the initial onset, even 25 CON can become fatigued.
    ThacoBellloliensemiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
    Apparently I did not wait for long enough after traveling for several weeks. You are right.
    sarevok57
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Apparently I did not wait for long enough after traveling for several weeks. You are right.

had to travel for SEVERAL weeks before getting fatigued? hahaha, definitely not how its supposed to work, in the original game, regardless of CON score, you were fatigued after 24 game hours
    @sarevok57 Fatigue is a bit delayed. After you travel, it usually takes a while for the game to catch up. So if you immediately travel again, it is possible to get dozens of journeys done before the game manages to apply the fatigue effect.
    It was my mistake to underestimate the delay.
    sarevok57RaduzielJuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    And here I thought the game disregarded travel times between maps as part of fatigue accumulation (perhaps the game was assuming your party members stopped to rest when needed? After all, marching for 20+ hours straight seems kinda ridiculous. XD)
  • Gatekeep3rGatekeep3r Member Posts: 123
    sarevok57 wrote: »

had to travel for SEVERAL weeks before getting fatigued? hahaha, definitely not how its supposed to work, in the original game, regardless of CON score, you were fatigued after 24 game hours

I suppose there's a Forgotten Realms equivalent to cocaine.