Skip to content

EET+SR+SCS

AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
I can't get "smarter mages" component to install. It bugs out on "DIMENSION_JUMP"

Debug:
No recorded level for spell WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP
[weidu_external/data/stratagems/sfo_warnings.txt] loaded, 3024 bytes
ERROR: cannot convert %WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP_LEVEL% or %%WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP_LEVEL%% to an integer
ERROR: [ALHEL.CRE] -> [override/ALHEL.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

Any ideas how to fix it?
I've tried removing spwi109 and spwi408 from override, setting their level to 1 or 4, nothing works.

Comments

• AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    Nvm, fixed.
  • SettBDSettBD Member Posts: 1
    Would you mind elaborating on that a bit? It might help someone, someday. Like me ;)
    SettBD wrote: »
    Would you mind elaborating on that a bit? It might help someone, someday. Like me ;)

For some reason, spell.ids file is lacking the above mentioned spell, so I added it.
  • KrabatorKrabator Member Posts: 53
    I have the same problem !

E:\Jeux\EE-Mod-Setup\BG Games\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components) (Sword Coast Stratagems) was installed successfully.
    Smarter general AI (Sword Coast Stratagems) was installed successfully.

ERROR: cannot convert %WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP_LEVEL% or %%WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP_LEVEL%% to an integer
    ERROR: [SHANDAL2.CRE] -> [override/SHANDAL2.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    ERROR: [0XWI2DG.CRE] -> [override/0XWI2DG.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    ERROR: Not_found
    Smarter Mages (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the program. The Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
    Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

Could you tell me what to do on these spell.ids please ?
    edited May 2019
    Krabator wrote: »
    I have the same problem !

E:\Jeux\EE-Mod-Setup\BG Games\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components) (Sword Coast Stratagems) was installed successfully.
    Smarter general AI (Sword Coast Stratagems) was installed successfully.

ERROR: [SHANDAL2.CRE] -> [override/SHANDAL2.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    ERROR: [0XWI2DG.CRE] -> [override/0XWI2DG.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    ERROR: Not_found
    Smarter Mages (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the program. The Setup will continue with the installation of that component.

Could you tell me what to do on these spell.ids please ?

Edit spell.ids file with an editor (it should be in ur override folder), and add WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP to it. You can edit it via text editor or NearIfinity. Scroll down to number 2108, and under it write down 2109 WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP so it looks like this:

2108 WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_PETRIFICATION
    2108 WIZARD_EXPEDITIOUS_RETREAT
    2109 WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP
    2110 WIZARD_IDENTIFY

Krabator
    Thanks @Aasim
    Just to be sure to choose the correct one
    kb9zgyp83xpo.png
    Thanks @Aasim
    Just to be sure to choose the correct one
    kb9zgyp83xpo.png

The one in the game override folder. There shouldn't be more than a single file named spell.ids there.
    (in your main game directory).

smu4m7n3uage.png
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Aasim the file spell.ids in override folder of BG2 folder is regenerated by the EET script...
    Consequently, even if I change manually in this file, it will be replaced after...
    I think I need to contact EET creator :-/

For what it's worth, I have a BGEE install right now with SR v4b16 and SCS v31, and I did not see this error. So it seems like it's caused by either SCS v32, or EET.

I think it's eet.
    @Aasim the file spell.ids in override folder of BG2 folder is regenerated by the EET script...
    Consequently, even if I change manually in this file, it will be replaced after...
    I think I need to contact EET creator :-/

I don't understand. Before you go installing SCS "smarter mages" add the line to .ids file.
    edited May 2019
    1 - the EES script raise the error reported in my previous post
    2 - I go in BG2/override folder and i manually add a line with "2109 WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP" in spell.ids
    3 - knowing that i have the possibility to retry i choose "r" + enter for retry

4 - The same error is raised after the retry and my modifications in the spell.ids file is lost

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Roxanne yes
    2 - I go in BG2/override folder and i manually add a line with "2109 WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP" in spell.ids

4 - The same error is raised after the retry and my modifications in the spell.ids file is lost

Yea...that doesn't work that way, probably the file is already loaded in memory. You have to exit the installer and then reinstall.
    In case u can pause this "Roxanne" installer pause it after "general AI improvements", make the .ids change and proceed.

Or exit the installer before you install SCS, and install it manually, then proceed with install. I don't know much about these auto-mod-installers so can't help much.
    edited May 2019
    i ll give it a try, thx

EDIT : I have modified the spell.ids after closing the EET auto install tool and i have relaunch the install and it worked :)
    Post edited by Krabator on
    Yiii-ha.
    Krabator
    edited May 2019
    yes but now i have a new issue...

ERROR: Failure("You are trying to edit dvefreet=>dw#dvefr.CRE, which does not exist in the game")
    Smarter genies (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

:tired_face:
    It's (I guess) an incompatibility in between newest SCS and SR. Don't worry about it (just skip this component), SR Genies will work just fine.
    Krabator
    ok thanks... it's ok for me to pass on tweek on all genies of my game...
    it was just not possible to accept that for all the mages :)
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited May 2019

There is no WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP in vanilla BG:EE and BG2:EE, so it's not related to EET game importation. Please try to figure out which mod is supposed to add this entry and report it to mod author since there is definitely something wrong in that mod tp2 code. Hacky workarounds like the proposed manual file appending is not a good solution. And 2109 slot is already occupied in vanilla game by WIZARD_HOLD_PORTAL.
    @swit thx for the comment :)

I would be pleased to identify properly the source of this problem...
    ...but I don't know how to do it :disappointed:
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Dimension Jump is from Spell Revisions I think.
    It's not about the spell, but how it doesn't get added to ids file. I'll check it out.