Skip to content

Any romance mods for female half-orcs?

Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
There seems to be quite a few mods options for male half-orcs to experience some love, but what about female half-orcs??

Seems like my playthrough will miss something this time around otherwise
lolien

Comments

• Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Oh and I'm not really interested in Rasaad and Dorn, none of them really fit this character I'm afraid..
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited December 2015
    The Angelo romance mod: http://gibberlings3.net/angelo/

from the mod description:

"Holla, chief."

Angelo Dosan is the fighter-turned-mage who served as your brother's henchman in Baldur's Gate. You may remember that he sentenced you to death and fought against you in the Undercity, and if you were lucky enough to mine the content, you may remember that he is Shar-Teel's father. Most likely he didn't survive your game, but people in this world seem to have a knack for not staying dead.

from the readme:

Aside from a charisma of 12+, there are no restrictions on the romance, alignment or racial

and off-topic (for completeness sake): Q: Can I romance Angelo as a male? A: You can attempt to—let's just say Angelo has been around the block. When it comes to that, though, he may provide certain romantic assets for the heterosexual male PC.

I myself had been planning of playing the game with a half orc Duskblade woman romancing Angelo, supplemented by Aerie and Amber to create a party of four, but it's one of my plans that's on the shelf for now.

lolienJuliusBorisovFina92Isewein
    Just going to attempt a revival of this thread :wink: Any other suggestions? So far the options for a love-seeking half-orc female is:

- Dorn
    - Rasaad
    - Angelo

Anyone else?
  • SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,054
    edited May 2019
    Jastey's Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII should allow a half-orc romance.
    Fina92Isewein
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    You could also use CDTweaks to remove race and gender restrictions on romances.
    StummvonBordwehrFina92
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    edited May 2019
    Wow, Ajantis is one open-minded Paladin! o.O I second Angelo; he is an exceptionally interesting character. I also recommend Haer'Dalis or Imoen Romance.

You can add Sirene, Dace, Faren and Gavin to the list; they come without racial restrictions. Haven't played any of theirs though.

Note that CDTweaks only affects vanilla romances IIRC. To be fair, it's extremely easy to remove racial restrictions from just about any mod romance. Find the check in the mod's scripts, remove it, should be done in 5 min. It's just that that means your PC wouldn't be recognised as a halforc by that character then, naturally, but most NPCs in BG don't anyway. And Charname's Bhaalspawn nature sort of takes precedence anyway, in my book. (Actually, I initially wanted to recommend Sarevok Romance, which would fit very neatly for a half-orc, but for some reason that one has racial restrictions. Still highly recommended!)
    StummvonBordwehrFina92
    @Isewein thank you so much for the insightful comments! I do kinda like the idea that the fact that Charname is a half-orc is targeted within the romance somehow, social stigma etc. Do you know if any of the romance mods do that? :smile:
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    edited May 2019
    I fear not. I think it's a hot iron that many modders are hesitant to pick up - there's those players like us who enjoy racism, sexism etc. in games because it adds to the real, immersive experience - and then there's those who would rather escape from these real world issues and might actually take offence at anti-Halforc sentiment. So most people just ignore it. That being said, many of these mods include social stigma or drama due to the Bhaalspawn thing. ;) Which I can well see overriding any halforc concerns, so it kind of makes sense. Isra comes to mind there as one romance which treats the revelation in a very plausible fashion.

EDIT: One NPC which includes a lot of reactivity is Aran Whitehand - but he's still in beta. Wouldn't be surprised if he actually treated you as a halforc. Imoen Romance has special dialogues for most races, classes, etc. as well, but obviously not in the social-stigma-sense considering how Charname grew up with her.
    Fina92StummvonBordwehr
    @Isewein Wow, thank you for taking the time to share all this, really appreciate it! Saves me some time researching mods too :wink:
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    @Fina92 Valygar romance is available for half orcs s2
    @DJKajuru Does it have ToB content now?! :smiley:
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    @Fina92 The Valygar Romance Corthala Romantique is with ToB content, yes.
    And my Ajantis BGII "new beginnings romance" is indeed open to half-orcs, as well (thank you @Skitia). Ajantis is very much less picky in BGII compared to BG1. :)
    Fina92Isewein
    @jastey Super! Gosh, so many options now haha. Do you happen to know if any of the mods bring up the elephant in the room (Charname being a half-orc) at all?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Ajantis has one line that explicitly refers to a half.orc PC and why he didn't court her in BG1 because of that, but without reply options to dwell on the topic.
    I found no reference in teh Valygar Romance.
    Gavin BGII seems to check for halforc PC at least in ToB if it deals with PC's height (e.g. Yaga-Shura's home).
    Angelo has one line with reply options in one lovetalk that deals explicitely with the PC's race including for a halforc.
    Fina92