Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

EET+SR+SCS

AasimAasim Member Posts: 561
I can't get "smarter mages" component to install. It bugs out on "DIMENSION_JUMP"

Debug:
No recorded level for spell WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP
[weidu_external/data/stratagems/sfo_warnings.txt] loaded, 3024 bytes
ERROR: cannot convert %WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP_LEVEL% or %%WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP_LEVEL%% to an integer
ERROR: [ALHEL.CRE] -> [override/ALHEL.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)

Any ideas how to fix it?
I've tried removing spwi109 and spwi408 from override, setting their level to 1 or 4, nothing works.

Comments

  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 561
  • SettBDSettBD Member Posts: 1
    Would you mind elaborating on that a bit? It might help someone, someday. Like me ;)

  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 561
    SettBD wrote: »
    Would you mind elaborating on that a bit? It might help someone, someday. Like me ;)

    For some reason, spell.ids file is lacking the above mentioned spell, so I added it.

  • KrabatorKrabator Member Posts: 51
    I have the same problem !

    E:\Jeux\EE-Mod-Setup\BG Games\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components) (Sword Coast Stratagems) was installed successfully.
    Smarter general AI (Sword Coast Stratagems) was installed successfully.

    ERROR: cannot convert %WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP_LEVEL% or %%WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP_LEVEL%% to an integer
    ERROR: [SHANDAL2.CRE] -> [override/SHANDAL2.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    ERROR: cannot convert %WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP_LEVEL% or %%WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP_LEVEL%% to an integer
    ERROR: [0XWI2DG.CRE] -> [override/0XWI2DG.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    ERROR: Not_found
    Smarter Mages (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

    You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

    If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the program. The Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
    Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

    Could you tell me what to do on these spell.ids please ?

  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 561
    edited May 21
    Krabator wrote: »
    I have the same problem !

    E:\Jeux\EE-Mod-Setup\BG Games\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition>Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components) (Sword Coast Stratagems) was installed successfully.
    Smarter general AI (Sword Coast Stratagems) was installed successfully.

    ERROR: cannot convert %WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP_LEVEL% or %%WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP_LEVEL%% to an integer
    ERROR: [SHANDAL2.CRE] -> [override/SHANDAL2.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    ERROR: cannot convert %WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP_LEVEL% or %%WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP_LEVEL%% to an integer
    ERROR: [0XWI2DG.CRE] -> [override/0XWI2DG.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    ERROR: Not_found
    Smarter Mages (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

    You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

    If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the program. The Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
    Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

    Could you tell me what to do on these spell.ids please ?

    Edit spell.ids file with an editor (it should be in ur override folder), and add WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP to it. You can edit it via text editor or NearIfinity. Scroll down to number 2108, and under it write down 2109 WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP so it looks like this:

    2108 WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_PETRIFICATION
    2108 WIZARD_EXPEDITIOUS_RETREAT
    2109 WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP
    2110 WIZARD_IDENTIFY

    Krabator
  • KrabatorKrabator Member Posts: 51
    Thanks @Aasim
    Just to be sure to choose the correct one
    kb9zgyp83xpo.png

  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 561
    Krabator wrote: »
    Thanks @Aasim
    Just to be sure to choose the correct one
    kb9zgyp83xpo.png

    The one in the game override folder. There shouldn't be more than a single file named spell.ids there.
    (in your main game directory).


    smu4m7n3uage.png

  • subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 10,968
    For what it's worth, I have a BGEE install right now with SR v4b16 and SCS v31, and I did not see this error. So it seems like it's caused by either SCS v32, or EET.

  • KrabatorKrabator Member Posts: 51
    @Aasim the file spell.ids in override folder of BG2 folder is regenerated by the EET script...
    Consequently, even if I change manually in this file, it will be replaced after...
    I think I need to contact EET creator :-/

  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 561

    For what it's worth, I have a BGEE install right now with SR v4b16 and SCS v31, and I did not see this error. So it seems like it's caused by either SCS v32, or EET.

    I think it's eet.
    Krabator wrote: »
    @Aasim the file spell.ids in override folder of BG2 folder is regenerated by the EET script...
    Consequently, even if I change manually in this file, it will be replaced after...
    I think I need to contact EET creator :-/

    I don't understand. Before you go installing SCS "smarter mages" add the line to .ids file.

  • KrabatorKrabator Member Posts: 51
    edited May 21
    1 - the EES script raise the error reported in my previous post
    2 - I go in BG2/override folder and i manually add a line with "2109 WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP" in spell.ids
    3 - knowing that i have the possibility to retry i choose "r" + enter for retry

    You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.
    ...
    Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

    4 - The same error is raised after the retry and my modifications in the spell.ids file is lost



  • subtledoctorsubtledoctor Member Posts: 10,968
    edited May 21
    Aasim wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I have a BGEE install right now with SR v4b16 and SCS v31, and I did not see this error. So it seems like it's caused by either SCS v32, or EET.

    I think it's eet.
    Krabator wrote: »
    @Aasim the file spell.ids in override folder of BG2 folder is regenerated by the EET script...
    Consequently, even if I change manually in this file, it will be replaced after...
    I think I need to contact EET creator :-/

    I don't understand. Before you go installing SCS "smarter mages" add the line to .ids file.

    I assume he's using some mod installer - PI or Roxanne's thing.

    (EDIT - dunno why call it "Roxanne's thing" - it's just BWS)

  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 561
    Krabator wrote: »
    1 - the EES script raise the error reported in my previous post
    2 - I go in BG2/override folder and i manually add a line with "2109 WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP" in spell.ids
    3 - knowing that i have the possibility to retry i choose "r" + enter for retry

    You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.
    ...
    Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

    4 - The same error is raised after the retry and my modifications in the spell.ids file is lost

    Yea...that doesn't work that way, probably the file is already loaded in memory. You have to exit the installer and then reinstall.
    In case u can pause this "Roxanne" installer pause it after "general AI improvements", make the .ids change and proceed.

    Or exit the installer before you install SCS, and install it manually, then proceed with install. I don't know much about these auto-mod-installers so can't help much.

  • KrabatorKrabator Member Posts: 51
    edited May 21
    i ll give it a try, thx

    EDIT : I have modified the spell.ids after closing the EET auto install tool and i have relaunch the install and it worked :)

    Post edited by Krabator on
  • KrabatorKrabator Member Posts: 51
    edited May 21
    yes but now i have a new issue...

    ERROR: Failure("You are trying to edit dvefreet=>dw#dvefr.CRE, which does not exist in the game")
    Smarter genies (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

    You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.

    If you don't want to spent time for that now, you can also continue without the component or exit the program. The Setup will continue with the installation of that component.
    Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

    :tired_face:

  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 561
    It's (I guess) an incompatibility in between newest SCS and SR. Don't worry about it (just skip this component), SR Genies will work just fine.

    Krabator
  • KrabatorKrabator Member Posts: 51
    ok thanks... it's ok for me to pass on tweek on all genies of my game...
    it was just not possible to accept that for all the mages :)

  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 462
    edited May 22
    Krabator wrote: »
    1 - the EES script raise the error reported in my previous post
    2 - I go in BG2/override folder and i manually add a line with "2109 WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP" in spell.ids
    3 - knowing that i have the possibility to retry i choose "r" + enter for retry

    You can try to repair the problem and start the installation of the component again. In this case please select "retry" after the repair.
    ...
    Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

    4 - The same error is raised after the retry and my modifications in the spell.ids file is lost



    There is no WIZARD_DIMENSION_JUMP in vanilla BG:EE and BG2:EE, so it's not related to EET game importation. Please try to figure out which mod is supposed to add this entry and report it to mod author since there is definitely something wrong in that mod tp2 code. Hacky workarounds like the proposed manual file appending is not a good solution. And 2109 slot is already occupied in vanilla game by WIZARD_HOLD_PORTAL.

  • KrabatorKrabator Member Posts: 51
    @swit thx for the comment :)

    I would be pleased to identify properly the source of this problem...
    ...but I don't know how to do it :disappointed:

  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 925
    Dimension Jump is from Spell Revisions I think.

  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 561
    It's not about the spell, but how it doesn't get added to ids file. I'll check it out.

Sign In or Register to comment.