Skip to content

SoD - Cannot recruit Neera

rost400rost400 Member Posts: 13
edited May 2019 in Troubleshooting
First off, this is technically not a bug, just an unfortunate consequence of several mods (might warrant moving this to the mod category).

The issue is that when I arrive in Bridgefort, Neera is invisible and cannot be interacted with. I can attack her with an AoE spell which makes her visible but also hostile along with everyone else in the room.

After some digging it seems to come from the combination of EET and Drizzt Saga mods and some equipment decisions. Specifically, Drizzt Saga allows you to get the Magi Staff in BG1 which is basically renamed Staff of the Magi from BG2 and gives the user invisibility. EET then lets you carry over all items on all companions between games, which I believe is very limited in the base game. As the title suggests, Neera got the staff, it carried over to SoD and it is still active even before I recruit her.

Now, what I'd like to know is whether it's possible to resolve this with the dev console, such as removing the staff from her inventory when I'm in the same zone. I'm not sure how much the dev console can actually do.

The alternative of course is removing the staff from Neera's invetory in the prologue (I have her in the party) and then steamrolling through SoD to Bridgefort from the beginning on story mode. I might try this anyway to test if the staff is really to blame.

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Have you tried a casting of Invisibility Purge (Cleric 3, Druid 3) or Detect Invisibility (Wizard 2)? You should have access to at least one of these spells in your party, although you might have to rest to memorize it.

Not exactly what you were asking for, but if it works...
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited May 2019
    You can force her to talk to player herself
    C:Eval('ActionOverride("neera",StartDialogNoSet(Player1))')

Or make her drop whatever she's carrying
    C:Eval('ActionOverride("neera",DropInventory())')
  • rost400rost400 Member Posts: 13
    jmerry wrote: »
    Have you tried a casting of Invisibility Purge (Cleric 3, Druid 3) or Detect Invisibility (Wizard 2)? ...
    Indeed, I think tried everything the game would normally allow me.
    Ardanis wrote: »
    You can force her to talk to player herself
    C:Eval('ActionOverride("neera",StartDialogNoSet(Player1))')

Or make her drop whatever she's carrying
    C:Eval('ActionOverride("neera",DropInventory())')
    Thanks, just what I was looking for. :)