Skip to content

Suggestions for completing Legacy of Bhaal difficulty

Basically just any suggestions you have. My group consists of Branwen, Imoen, Edwin, Ajantis, Kagain, and myself a warrior. I know Ajantis will probably have issues with the evil alignments but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. Other than that (and not just in regards to my team but just in general) any help and suggestions are appreciated for helping me complete the game on that difficulty.

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    If you haven't already seen it, you could have a look at this thread. Although it's about solo play in a modded installation, a lot of the strategies still apply to parties in the basic game.

Some basic strategies that work are:
    - use one party member to kite enemies while everyone else fires missiles at them.
    - use spell disablers, such as blind and hold (sleep doesn't work as everything is too high level). Charms are particularly effective as enemies can then act as your own tanks (and the charm from Algernon's Cloak is great for this because it's so long lasting).
    - use summons, as they get the same LoB benefits as enemies. Even if you're too low level to have any summoning spells, you can use the wand of monster summoning from the Valley of the Tombs.
  • SariusSarius Member Posts: 24
    Grond0 wrote: »
    If you haven't already seen it, you could have a look at this thread. Although it's about solo play in a modded installation, a lot of the strategies still apply to parties in the basic game.

Some basic strategies that work are:
    - use one party member to kite enemies while everyone else fires missiles at them.
    - use spell disablers, such as blind and hold (sleep doesn't work as everything is too high level). Charms are particularly effective as enemies can then act as your own tanks (and the charm from Algernon's Cloak is great for this because it's so long lasting).
    - use summons, as they get the same LoB benefits as enemies. Even if you're too low level to have any summoning spells, you can use the wand of monster summoning from the Valley of the Tombs.

Awesome. I really appreciate the help.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Summoned critters don't get quite the same bonuses as enemies. Instead of triple HP plus 80, they get double HP plus 40. Summons are still extremely useful in LoB mode, though. Totemic Druids in particular are incredibly useful in LoB mode.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,318
    edited May 2019
    I think summons (and familiars) get double HPs +20 (rather than 40). The fact though that their AC is reduced by 11 means they are generally better as tanks than party members even at higher levels in BG1.