Skip to content

If You Could Make Any Party...

ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
edited May 2019 in Off-Topic
I've played a lot of RPGs in my time, odds are, you have too! If you could make a party of 6 out of ANY joinable npcs from ANY RPG, what would your dream team be? Don't worry about what the "definition" of an RPG should be. If you consider it an RPG, its fair game to pull npcs from. Please include what game they are from, a short description of the character or why you like them is welcome, but not mandatory.

My list would be, in no particular order:

1. Aika (Skies of Arcadia): A sky pirate with high agility, innate fire magic, and a killer boomerang. She is basically BG1 Imoen, if Imoen was allowed to have a deep character. Always brings the fun.
mtn0ph3bzdk7.png

2. Freya (Final Fantasy IX): A rat-person with a snazzy hat and red coat. A Dragoon Knight, she brings good dps, some dragon killing techs, and good utility healing.
z2h6dds65qkr.png

3. Princess Kumatora (Mother 3): THE offensive mage of her game. All elements of the highest level attack spells, and higher strength than a mage ought to have. So when spells fail, she can puch things to death. Super snarky and always willing to throw down. Also, her name literally means "Bear Tiger."
w4oej7t5sdq4.png

4. Minsc (and boo!): Does he really need an introduction? The boistrous, bruiser with a heart of gold and a sword a steel. Make way villainy! Hero coming through!
elj283ne6i16.png

5. Alena (Dragon Quest IV): A pugilist princess with a sweet hat and cape and the strength to bust down steel doors and rock walls. Also known as the patron saint of critical hits (seriously, her crit rate is something like 30%).
3kei695kf46w.png

6. Sagani (Pillars of Eternity): A dwarven ranger from the far north. Crack shot with her bow, tough fox animal companion, a super snarky sense of humor, and loving mother, she has it all.
uehbzhjek4z1.png
SkatanJuliusBorisovdeltagoBelgarathMTH

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Skatan That's a very good list. Your party is also more balanced than mine haha
    JuliusBorisovSkatan
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    In no particular and yet very imbalanced order.

Mir / Jacqli (Ar tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica): Mage-ish Bard Goddess? People may think of this niche franchise what they want. But this is one of the very rare cases in gaming history where players can reqruit the main antagonist of its prequel. Also: her character is just badass! Probably one of my favourite characters ever! And I surely don't have to mention its music now, do I?
    300?cb=20080914030120

Haku (Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception/ Mask of Truth): Strategist. Not to be confused with Hakuoro from Utawarerumono. Very likeable guy wielding an iron fan with far more brain than brawn. He's the best guy to hit the taverns with.
    350?cb=20180422134323

Badu (Septerra Core): Dagger User. Walking shark thing, nuff said.
    bad_prnt.jpg

Opera Vectra (Star Ocean: The Second Story): Three-eyed sniper, noble gone rogue and searching for her love across the galaxy. Another one that grew on me over the years.
    1000?cb=20180616055342

Raja (Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium): My to go Priest. Also, he's green and always tells bad jokes! What's not to love?
    latest?cb=20151204000221

Shitbot (Dreamfall Chapters): A tank full of shit, I guess? Not a RPG per se, but still the best sidekick character ever. Also really, really, really likes welding.

Voila! Science Fantasy party completed.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBelldeltago
    edited May 2019
    I've owned Septerra Core for a few years now. I think @Kamigoroshi may have convinced to actually dive into it.
    My secret secondary reason for this thread is discover new rpgs. mwahahaha

*EDIT* Apparently, I do not actually own Septerra Core. Which is baffling. I was sure I did.
    Post edited by ThacoBell on
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited May 2019
    I've had an eye on Ar Tonelico for a while, but put it away after the unsuccessful experience with configuring emulator. So many games to play, damn...

My party will have to be four-player, because even though I could theoretically fill the remaining two roles, I can't really think of characters I'd have particular attachment to.

Velvet (Tales of Berseria): Martial artist - the demonic mode makes her very much unkillable in melee against group of enemies, while at the same time dishing out plenty of stuns and damage to maintain itself. Despite dark demeanor and ruthless no-nonsense attitude towards anything to stand in her path, she's still a caring and responsible person deep down.
    200?cb=20170226095330

HK-47 (Knights of the Old Republic): Battle droid, well capable of using a blaster and shrugging off damage. Say "Meatbag", that's all you need to hear.
    latest?cb=20130204122718

Yomi (Sakura Dungeon): Destructive magic user with ability to avoid one lethal hit per day. An ever curious ancient fox spirit with a penchant for mischief, whose knowledge, experience, skills and social status put her on level with lesser deities, she's a surprisingly well developed and likable character for what appeared at first glance to be just another ecchi dungeon crawler.
    310?cb=20160618234836

Vi Domina (Wizardry 8): Valkyrie - clad in heavy armor and proficient with a lance, divine magic and rocket launcher, it's yet another character (well, in this case class, as you can create your own valkyrie party members) with ability to avoid death by reaching zero HP. While Wizardry can hardly be considered a story-based RPG and she's technically just a recruitable party member with commentary dialog, Vi's space-faring adventures and connection to the story makes her the closest to what the game has for a hero.
    vi.jpg
    ThacoBellSkatanStummvonBordwehr
    Good ol' HK-47. He only barely lost out on my party.
    ArdanisStummvonBordwehrCrevsDaak
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    *EDIT* Apparently, I do not actually own Septerra Core. Which is baffling. I was sure I did.
    Lol, when I first read your comment, I also thought I had already bought it, except I hadn't :D
    ThacoBell
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Ardanis wrote: »
    HK-47 (Knights of the Old Republic): Battle droid, well capable of using a blaster and shrugging off damage. Say "Meatbag", that's all you need to hear.
    latest?cb=20130204122718

Oh man, how the hell could I forget HK47!! Can I have a 7 man party? :D
    BelgarathMTHThacoBellStummvonBordwehrCrevsDaak
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Ardanis wrote: »
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Lol, when I first read your comment, I also thought I had already bought it, except I hadn't :D

You and you there: go buy that highly underrated gem this very instant!
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmemegenerator.net%2Fimg%2Finstances%2F59513579%2Fresistance-is-futile-you-will-be-assimilated.jpg&f=1
    ThacoBellCrevsDaak