Skip to content

Mod is generating a new Baldur.lua with game launch. Any idea which of these might be the culprit?

jmikejmike Member Posts: 3
Mod list:
1pp Flaming Swords
Ajantis NPC
Ascension
Back to Brynnlaw
BG2 Fixpack
Board's of Magick Item Pack
Branwen NPC
Coran NPC
Ding0's XP Fixer
Ding0's Fix Pack
Dungeon Crawl
Freedom's Reign and Reign of Virtue
Item Revisions
Item Upgrade
IWDification
Made in Heaven Item Pack
More Styles for Mages
NPC Strongholds
Refinements
Region of Terror
Song and Silence
Stuff of the Magi
Sword Coast Stratagems
TeamBG Armor Pack
TeamBG Weapon Pack
The Sellswords
Tweaks Anthology
Unfinished Business
Unofficial Item Pack
Upgradable Dak'kon's Blade
Xan NPC

Any game settings that are assigned through the game's menu are retained with every game start but anything I've added is removed(UI customization command, console). I've verified that it's caused by a mod by using a stock game. I also watch the Baldur.lua as the game launches and it's different while the game is running(settings aren't in the same order). When the game closes it seems to re-generate the old .lua with the exception of any custom changes I've added.

I thought I'd post before I begin the task of individually troubleshooting each mod.

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Sorry for not being helpful, but I wasn't aware a mod could actually do that.
    I'd say it's none of the NPC mods and quest mods, but then there might just be something I am not aware of that's happening here.
    As I said, not helpful. :(
    JuliusBorisovGusinda
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @jmike, when you edit the baldur.lua, do you have the game running? If so, that will overwrite the .lua with the previous settings when closing. I would agree with jastey in that none of those mods would be editing the baldur.lua.

If the game isn't running when you edit, were you able to view any of the changes you made in game (ie: access the console)? If not, then it could be the text editor that you are using. For example, Windows Notepad has been known to save the file but add .txt as the extension (ie: baldur.lua.txt) except most don't see the extension due to it being hidden, and would also default save into the Documents folder. See if you have any additional baldur.lua's in the documents folder and/or unhiding the extensions to see if there any additions ones.

Gus
    JuliusBorisovGrond0