Skip to content

Three Old Kegs Noblewoman Exploit

KeithSKeithS Member Posts: 623
edited November 2012 in Fixed
If the player cast a charm spell on her, she would provide a reward every time she was talked to.

--

Changed Global("AcceptedJob","GLOBAL",2) to SetGlobal("AcceptedJob","GLOBAL",2) in NOBW8.DLG

(Originally found and fixed in Baldurdash)
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Well this won't work due to the BG2 engine. You are unable to talk to charmed characters.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    If they fix the talk with charmed creatures for the next build, we'll be able to test it. >:-)
    cmorganAvenger_teambg
  • cmorgancmorgan Member Posts: 707
    Charmed Dialogs Fix/ToBEX FTW. I wish I could send Ascension64 a huge check.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Confirmed fixed. This actually works in 0829 :) Anyone else can confirm?
    Does this refer to the Noblewoman on the 3rd floor (AR0121)? I just completed her quest, got no extras with her charmed.

Oh, Ithyl on the 2nd floor- (AR0120)? She does have extra dialog after charmed- gives 20gp. However, if you talk to her again, she repeats the same line about giving you 20gp and instead gives you 2gp. Then every new prompt she just gives the same line without giving you anything extra.

If ITHYL was the problem, that's Confirmed Not Fixed.

She probably simply shouldn't give the Charmed line twice.
    edited September 2012
    No, Areana or whatever is her name (the one who wants you to kill Cyrdemac).
    You accept the assassination, but instead of killing Cyrdemac, charm the noblewoman.
    She will pay you.

Ithyl is the owner of the place, not a noblewoman. I don't think that giving that extra 2 gold should be considered an exploit.

Yeah, would be nice if she were actually called Areana (as in Cyrdemac's dialog), but not so crucial...

OH! Damn, never knew about this exploit. Fair enough...

Checked in vBG1 and BGEE- gets the stonewall in BGEE after the first instance of taking advantage of her.

Confirmed Fixed...

Except for this...

If you subsequently go ahead and attempt to complete her quest anyway and speak to Cyrdemac, you get his usual friendly "Can I help you friend? If not, please do not hesitate to get out of my face. You are interrupting my fun," but the only response option is:

"NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS"

Then the "DONE" button on the bottom has his usual friendly response plastered all over it.

If you click either the "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS" response or the "Can I help you friend" button, it ends the dialog, but the "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS" link remains there in the bottom message box.

But at least if you then kill Cyrdemac and return to Areanna, you don't get a 2nd reward.
    @Bhryaen That is another bug, but a nasty one, yeah.
    @Avenger_teambg
    Uh oh. Do you know of it happening anywhere else?
    Bhryaen said:

@Avenger_teambg
    Uh oh. Do you know of it happening anywhere else?

No, i didn't know about this either. I just know why it happens: none of the transition conditions for a dialog state are fulfilled (in other words, your PC cannot answer in any way to the npc).
    @KeithS @Coriander
    Not sure if I'm flagging the right folks, but there remains this minor technical difficulty regarding the dialogue state of Cyrdemac after bypassing dealing with him by using the Speak w Charmed Areana trick.
    This is probably the first anomaly we found that was caused by enabling the charmed dialogue.
    You are better off asking @cmorgan but it is highly probable we'll need to add at least one extra string.
    I'll look into this now...
    edited October 2012
    @KeithS
    Ok, fixed this up. Found some other issues mentioned at Dudleyville which I have also fixed up.

* Changed wdrunsgt to wtrunsgt so she will not randomly walk around.
    * Changed her name from Noblewoman to Areana
    * Fixed so you can respond to Cyrdemac if you charm Areana
    * Fixed so if you charm Cyrdemac then Areana will have the appropriate dialogue

<<<<<<<< cyderm.d REPLACE_TRIGGER_TEXT cyderm ~Global("AcceptedJob","GLOBAL",0)~ ~OR(2) Global("AcceptedJob","GLOBAL",0) Global("AcceptedJob","GLOBAL",2)~ ADD_TRANS_ACTION ~cyderm~ BEGIN 9 END BEGIN END ~SetGlobal("CharmedCyrdemac","GLOBAL",1) Wait(10) EscapeArea()~ >>>>>>>> COMPILE ~cyderm.d~ COPY_EXISTING ~nobw8.dlg~ ~override~ DECOMPILE_DLG_TO_D REPLACE_TEXTUALLY EXACT_MATCH ~500) Dead("Cyrdemac")~ ~500) OR(2) Dead("Cyrdemac") Global("CharmedCyrdemac","GLOBAL",1)~ COMPILE_D_TO_DLG COPY_EXISTING ~nobw8.cre~ ~override~ SAY NAME1 ~Areana~ SAY NAME2 ~Areana~ WRITE_ASCII 0x268 ~wtrunsgt~ #8 BUT_ONLY

One last note. @Dave @AndreaColombo String: #8435 "I shall be here at the start of every tenday." From Dudleyville: "Areana states that she will pay your blackmail every tenday but does so every twoday. I have chosen to alter the dialogue to match her current actions as many people could complete the remainder of the game before the first set of 10 days has passed.

Edit string 8435 from "I shall be here at the start of every tenday." to "I shall be here promptly every two days.""
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    As soon as this fix is confirmed implemented, I'll alter string #8435.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Potentially fixed - @Balquo's fix has been applied
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    String #8435 fixed.
    SethDavis
    @SethDavis nobw8.cre is completely messed up :/

Can't see how this would kill it.
    COPY_EXISTING ~nobw8.cre~ ~override~ SAY NAME1 ~Areana~ SAY NAME2 ~Areana~ WRITE_ASCII 0x268 ~wtrunsgt~ #8 BUT_ONLY

All dialogue/text changes are fixed.
    O_o I don't know what happened. I changed her name back from the craziness it had become to noblewoman and everything looks ok now. Was there anything specific beyond that that I should be seeing or maybe the really long name just changed the UI layout in NI. If not it might be something in the way we're building.
    @wtrunsgt yeah NI showed me nothing and the game displayed that crazy long name. The only thing the fix should have done is changed it to Areana and changed her script to wtrunsgt. Maybe you could do it manually then?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @Balquo

I'm guessing this one is to stay in Found and Fixed?
    I think so - by the sounds of it Seth has fixed it up.

I also love that I'm trying to talk to @wtrunsgt above. Oh wise script, please respond. Well that was for @SethDavis of course :P
    SethDavis
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I was wondering who that guy was, lol.
    LOL, Seth will be happy to hear about his new nickname.
    SethDavis
    One day I hope to be promoted to a slightly less cowardly script :(
    Tanthalas
    Confirmed fixed.

Only to change her name to Areana.