Skip to content

TorGal bugged can't kill

TrollSlayerTrollSlayer Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
First ever playthrough of BG2 and really enjoying it so far but I've hit what I think is a bug.

I just got to the bottom of De'Arnise Keep and I think TorGal is bugged. I can kite him without his minions into the next room and pummel him down without too much trouble but when he's lying on the ground all of my party just start saying, "my weapon has no effect" or something similar.

This is true with the Flail of Ages, Flame Blade, or Melf's Arrow which doesn't seem right. In other words he can't be dispatched like all the other trolls in the keep. After a short while he gets back up with full health and I eventually lose party members. Anything I can do to fix this situation? TY

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Sounds weird! Is the feedback "weapon ineffective" or "target is immune to my damage"? And what's the feedback from Melf's Acid Arrow?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I recall encountering an issue like this in the past. I suspect it has to do with a change made to all trolls' "falling down" behavior made in a previous patch. If you upload your save file I would be happy to look at it and correct the issue.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Flame Blade cannot kill him regardless, as he is immune to non-magical weapons, and the spell specifically mentions such:
    ...However, it is not a magical weapon in the normal sense of the term, so creatures struck only by magical weapons are not harmed by it.
    "Weapon Ineffective" is correct here.

Melf's Acid Arrow cannot kill him unless it is cast after he falls down. The current fall down mechanic dispels all effects from the creature, which includes the delayed acid damage. For reference: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/70528/killing-trolls-with-damage-over-time-acid-spells

(Unlikely given the circumstances) - The Flail of Ages is currently bugged to not apply any of it's elemental damage if the target is immune to poison damage and the Poison head is attached.
  • TrollSlayerTrollSlayer Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2
    Ok, so I was able to kill him finally. I cast cloudkill right before he fell down this time and lobbed Melf's at him and it finally did the trick. I am not sure if cloudkill did it or Melf's. Anyway, thank you for all the help. Still learning the magic mechanics and everything. There are many more layers here than most modern games so you really need to think about how things are supposed to work.