Skip to content

Can't connect to partners game anymore.

ForsFors Member Posts: 6
edited June 2019 in Technical Support
Simply put, everything was working fine on Tuesday. Then come Wednesday, I could not connect to my friends game. So I tried looking around at other servers, and found that I was able to connect to some, but also unable to connect to others with the same error popping up every time: Got token, attempting over relay. Connection to server has failed.

n26sploqgmg5.jpg

We had been playing for a while before this, completing HOTU and also starting a game in Aielund saga. We didn't change anything on our ends, yet we have this problem now.

Any advice, news or explanations would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I was always able to connect through the relay, just that now it is not working, for whatever reason.
Post edited by Fors on

Comments

• ShadooowShadooow Member Posts: 402
    This is happening to me too if I try to connect on a server running on my IP via internet game. Try join via LAN, should work.
  • ForsFors Member Posts: 6
    Shadooow wrote: »
    This is happening to me too if I try to connect on a server running on my IP via internet game. Try join via LAN, should work.

Have advice for setting up LAN? Before we used to try hamachi but it always seemed to have its issues.
    I assumed that you are hosting this server. If that would be the case you can connect via LAN - you should see your server in list there.

If you are not the one hosting this server then thats a different issue then.
  • ForsFors Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2019
    Shadooow wrote: »
    I assumed that you are hosting this server. If that would be the case you can connect via LAN - you should see your server in list there.

If you are not the one hosting this server then thats a different issue then.

We've both tried hosting for each other. We are trying to play via internet game, so we don't have something set up for LAN. I have no issue connecting to my own game, but to a lot of others I am still having problems.

It's weird that this problem started only on Wednesday and the game was completely fine beforehand. I'm not sure where to start because I don't understand what could have possibly caused this.
    Post edited by Fors on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Maybe your or your friends' Firewall got an update?
  • FilipseFilipse Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2019
    Can confirm, this happens for me too, and others attempting to join seems to lead to the same result. (not my server, but i know the person hosting and they havent changed anything and i never had any issues joining in the past) hxtwrzqsraopv.jpg
    ttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019558/uploads/editor/zf/54kw2w8mgral.jpg
    It might be some Beamdog inbuilt solution to overcome host NAT stopped working. And thus because of the NAT you cannot join the host server.

Host needs to route the traffic on specific ports to the local IP of the computer in his home.
  • FilipseFilipse Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2019
    niv wrote: »
    Hello,

there have been zero changes on our end. I can see your failed connection attempts in the log (based on the IP and timestamp the forum logged you with) but at this point I would hesitantly say something networking-related changed on your end.

Of course, in an ideal world, it would just work. If you are happy to provide more details (in PM if need be) I would be happy to look into the matter to see if we can't find the cause and maybe a fix for the future.

Details would be: local device types and OS versions, firewalls used, AV used, privacy filters/proxies used, router type/version, ISP-mandated firewalls/filters in place, port forwards in place.

Thanks.

Malwarebytes, and Standard Windows-Defender, not much else mentionable, i supponse it could potentialy relate to some windows-firewall update or the likes, but i dont know for certain, i havent changed anything actively personaly, and it used to work withou hassle priorly.