Skip to content

My Chaotic Evil ranger retains all abilities and isn't fallen

I sacrificed my party member in hell and became chaotic evil at the end of Baldur's Gate 2. However, my character retained all of his ranger abilities and can still use the ranger cleric spells. I even retain the charm animal ability in the special abilities tab. I'm currently playing Throne of Bhaal after BG2 and my cleric/ranger multiclass character seems an impossibility. Is it a bug or is the multiclass preventing me from becoming a fallen ranger? It doesn't say fallen next to my name when I check the stats either.

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    This came up way back in 2016, I assumed it was fixed long ago but I guess not:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60540/fallen-ranger-cleric-bug
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Sounds like a perk to me!

Did you want your Ranger to fall? It might be too difficult to code removing the druid spells. That's about the only drawback to a ranger/cleric falling since it can't legally be kitted. I guess losing stealth might be a problem, but honestly I usually have R/C's wearing full plate myself. Do you even lose the extra pips in 2-hand fighting when a ranger falls?
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I don't think you lose the pips, making it not all that different than a fighter multi, just slower leveling I guess.

I've always wanted to play a proper evil ranger, maybe this is how to do it!
    Balrog99
  • dgrant95dgrant95 Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2019
    My character retains hide, all spells, and all three +++ marks in two weapon fighting. It’s a multi class ranger/cleric and the game doesn’t register he’s fallen, seems like. My alignment is chaotic evil after the bg2 hell thing where you sacrifice a teammate. I didn’t intend for the ranger to fall, since I knew it would lose all of my ranger abilities. I seemed to have found a way to create a multi class evil ranger by accident.
    DreadKhan
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Balrog99DreadKhanThacoBellRAM021
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    DreadKhan wrote: »

Mods, my friend - mods. We have evil rangers!

Does he look as cool as this guy?

p1rb2a0gfxv9.png
    ThacoBell
    Balrog99
    DreadKhan wrote: »

Mods, my friend - mods. We have evil rangers!

Well, any you might recommend? I might some day be interested in designing an evil Ranger kit myself, since it can apparently be done. I had an idea way back, an evil hunter type that used traps, and was a worse fighter, with outdoorsy based proficiencies only. I think it might have had a non-damaging poison weapon ability too. Anyways, I suppose there would be a few to chose from that have been made?
    DreadKhan
  • IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Your ranger has been Belkar-ised.
    DreadKhan[Deleted User]Angulimala
    Stalker always seemed like it'd be evil adjacent at best, even the description sounded a bit unfriendly. It'd be about perfect though for what I'd like, and might be more playable than trying to use a stalker/cleric hackjob that backstabs with clubs. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    GirewangorgonzolaDreadKhan
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    edited June 2019
    I have no problems with rangers and alighnment or rep limitations, at least no more then the limitations other classes pose, but as i like in those games if the player has the maximum possible freedom to play as he likes i would really appreciate if you put your time and effort in such thing.
    Even if probably i would not use the mod as i naturally play in a way that dont cause the rangers and paladins to fall and i have no interest in playing evil rangers.
    I've always thought Malarites are kinda cool, what with the claws and the hunting. Cool stuff IMHO, and would make a bangin' kit. I think Malarites can be CN and still get divine spells, right? So maybe not only evil, but certainly not benevolent. Would be interesting to be doing the Ranger quest business as an evil, predatory ranger, and having to explain to yourself why he'd be helping these people out!