Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

What does "better part of valor" told by Khalid mean?

I can't find any informations on google or if it is a reference.

I never heard it being pronounced by anyone as well. What does it mean?

Comments

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,204
    Which is a reference to his tendency to flee the battle.

ArthasJuliusBorisovsemiticgoddessRAM021
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,330
    The phrase basically translates to "Be brave, but don't be foolish".

You hear a lot of stories told about Men of Great Valor, but even those men only lived long enough for the stories to take place because they knew when to make a hasty retreat. If you're aspiring to be the modern Beowulf or whatever you have to keep that in mind.

Now of course, some might argue that Khalid is perhaps a tad too hasty with the retreat. He might think a little highly of himself if he claims to be embodying the spirit of those Tales of Men of Great Valor. Of course, despite his apparent cowardice he's chosen to live a life of battle and has a long adventuring career to show for it, so maybe if he stutters that's not the end of the world.

ArthasRaduzielThacoBellIsewein
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    @Chronicler Understood. Honestly I think that Khalid is the most human npc in Baldur's gate. Everyone likes to power fantasy a strong charname and so on, but Khalid is actually the embodiment of a real human

Beside, Charname would be undoubtlessly be a coward in baldur's gate. But this point is overlooked and that's the issue people have with Khalid

ThacoBellStummvonBordwehrIsewein