Skip to content

Gods with interesting roleplaying hooks?

When picking a god for your character, which ones do you think lead to the most interesting decisions?

Comments

• IseweinIsewein Member Posts: 521
    Bhaal :p Just kidding, but I honestly never thought the Cleric kits made much sense for Charname. It would have to be explored far more in the game than it is if it was to make sense as a sort of attempt at undue interference from another Power, and if it isn't it would make little sense why they would accept him/her as their servant in the first place. I prefer an unkitted Cleric dual-/multiclass and rationalise to myself that the Cleric powers manifest the emerging Bhaalspawn powers (esp. Assassin/Cleric).
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    For a good character, I like Ilmater.
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    Eldath, for the pacifist angle - certainly not always possible to avoid conflict in BG, but having a reason to always try can be interesting.

I also like to dual to cleric around SoD or BG2, with the idea that charname is seeking some divine guidance to control their evil nature. Ilmater (suffering) and Lathander (new beginnings) could make sense in that context.
    Isewein
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Malar.
    Very similar to murder, Malar is the God of the hunt, and can fit through out the Baldur’s Gate Saga. You are hunting the leaders of the Iron Throne and the one that killed your foster father. You are hunting the Shining Lady. You are hunting Irenicus. You are hunting the remaining Bhaal Spawn.

As an added RP element, play as a Shapeshifter.

RaduzielDarkShinobi
    If you do want to start with a Cleric kit, Oghma certainly fits the background of growing up in Candlekeep. And I could see why Gorion would entrust Charname to a deity so diametricall opposed to Bhaal.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I've always been a fan of Elistraee. Usually on my demihuman charnames.
    redline
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Cyric.
    Isewein
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    ThacoBell wrote: »

God of Good Drow? Is there a god like that for orcs?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Chronicler wrote: »

No idea. But I love the idea of a good goddess trying to pull the drow back from darkness. Whenever I play a demihuman that is usually an enemy (goblin, kobold, etc.) they worship her. I'm a big fan of the redemption angle.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Chronicler wrote: »

Not that I'm aware of. And I do study a lot this subject.

The orc pantheon is basically: killing for slaughter's sake, killing due to a war, killing for black magic, killing to prove your might, killing to protect your den/cub, killing from the shadows.
    Isewein
    Eilistraee would be a great option in IWD2 actually.
    ThacoBell