Skip to content

After Durlag's Tower

agssos1cbt0c.png

This is the amount of gold that I got from just selling the GEMs that I got in Durlag's basement.

The shopping spree that followed was not a pretty thing.

Where else have you guys found crazy amounts of gold?

Comments

• OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Durlag's is the gold standard (pun intended), probably because it was a late-game add-on and rewards tend to increase as you grow in levels in D&D. Now, for the earlier game treasure troves, I find the map south of High Hedge and the Light House map to turn a nice profit. Also, I find scripted groups of adventurers to be quite lucrative, such as the ambush to the north of the Nashkel Mine exit, at Gullykin, etc...
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    If you're willing to part with magical rings that give you extra spell slots, they sell for a ton. In the Friendly Arm Inn area there is a hidden container with a Ring of Wizardry, which is worth 9000 gold. The Ring of Holiness you get from Mulahey sells for 5000 gold, over five times the reward you get for completing the Nashkel Mines quest.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the time i get to sarevok in the undercity i will usually have around 650 000+ gold and that is without farming or abusive exploits

my record is just over 700 000 the time i hit sarevok in the under city
  • RoguishMageRoguishMage Member Posts: 4
    Yikes! That's incredible! Haven't experienced BG EE 2 yet... so I don't know what gold gains are like there...
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Yikes! That's incredible! Haven't experienced BG EE 2 yet... so I don't know what gold gains are like there...

the time i hit the end of SoA i think i am somewhere around 450 000 - 500 000, and then when ToB hits near the end i usually end up with 1.2-1.5 million
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    I am astonished by that, didn't think it was possible to end SoA that low. Makes me want to try a speedrun.
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    @jsaving @sarevok57 is talking about gold not xp.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Ah I see... :)