Skip to content

What will the next big project be? Thoughts and wishes.

2»

Comments

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    ^ I wonder how many pillows they monthly sacrifice to those horns. Or are perhaps their beds enchanted with an piercing damage reduction of at least 75%? Hm...
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    deltago said:

Holy cow!

I am udderly impressed with this moody, yet mooving pieces of art.

Only a matter of time until someone starts a petition for changing Wild Surge into Milk Splurge. :p
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Have you played the Sorcery¡ series? I think that storyline would make for a great, great game, although it isnt FR or any other d&d world.
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    Wishing For ,Not In any Particular Order: Icewind Dale 3, Baldur's Gate 3, New Adventure Somewhere in the Forgotten Realms....
  • CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    thrudd said:

Wishing For ,Not In any Particular Order: Icewind Dale 3, Baldur's Gate 3, New Adventure Somewhere in the Forgotten Realms....

Fixed
  • MakasoulMakasoul Member Posts: 4
    DreadKhan wrote: »
    Update Quest for Glory... totally necessary for the good of humanity.

I 1000% agree with you.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    I'd most like to see a BG3 prequel from Beamdog that would explore what the mind flayers were doing after BG2 and why they might be interested in a bigger foothold in the city of Baldur's Gate. There are hints in BG2 that they were looking for "recruits" and magic items from the Sword Coast and we know from other Realms products that the flayer hive minds think in terms of decades rather than months or even years. Perhaps a group of intrepid adventurers including some familiar BG/BG2 faces could thwart illithid efforts to take advantage of post-BG2 chaos only to have their warnings of likely future attacks dismissed by city rulers, some of whom may or may not currently be under illithid control. There wouldn't have to be any BG3 spoilers in such a product other than revealing the illithids are on the move, which would already be common knowledge to BG2 players anyway.

On a much smaller scale my second choice would be an IWDNPC-style dialogue pack for SoD's joinable NPCs that would bring them to BG2. For those who don't know, the IWDNPC mod basically created five new joinable NPCs for IWD who would give pre-written commentary on the game's major plot points as they occurred. The mod added no new quests, spells, or items, nor did it require any new areas to be coded. All that would be needed to do something similar for BG2 would be a few weeks' time for writers familiar with BG2's plotline and SoD's joinable NPCs to sit down and put the commentary together.

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Makasoul wrote: »
    DreadKhan wrote: »
    Update Quest for Glory... totally necessary for the good of humanity.

I 1000% agree with you.

I think Beamdog could handle it, but I worry they might not be up to taking it quite seriously enough... *nods sagely* Because make no mistakes, Quest of Glory was a series that always took itself far too seriously! ;)
  • SkipBittmanSkipBittman Member Posts: 146
    I feel bad about the Coles going through all that crowdfunding/struggling indie hell. Apparently the finished game wasn't too shabby despite that.

Would love it if the original games got updated a bit under less dicey circumstances, but Beamdog doesn't seem like a good fit at all.

Man, I agree it'd be neat if they could do some BG3 tie-in material to scratch the Infinity itch as well. Something short and snappy... a side story, an NPC pack with a few quests, etc.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Yeah, I think you could add in some content to BG1 and 2 which would be a purchasable expansion for each that would just tie up various loose ends, especially in BG2, where you could throw in another million XP IMHO and not break it really, since it's hardly guaranteed to hit the XP cap on a normal playthrough.

BG1 doesn't have as much of these danging monstrosities. I don't think this will ever be a thing though, as the return would probably be pretty minor. For whatever exact reason, the new Beamdog content doesn't seem terribly popular, though I certainly enjoyed it by and large, finding most of it fits in reasonably well. They do a decent job of capturing the vibe of BG I think, the somewhat clever humour that is interspersed with encounters that are by and large more challenging than standard BG was, TBH I don't really know if I can really beat SoD solo, and I have beaten BG1 with a solo cleric ffs. Slung Sarevok to death I did! Anyways, I wish they would consider it, but I doubt they will.