Skip to content

no pause challenge

2»

Comments

• mumumomomumumomo Member Posts: 635
    edited May 2014
    Actually it made very little difference. Quests order and general tactics would have been exactly the same in a normal reload game.

Regarding te clocking i don't know but it has probably an extremely limited impact (since in solo you don't pause for a very long time, just for targetting and choosing spells)

About kiting, even with pausing enabled i would have played mostly on it since swashbuckler is really squishy in BGEE (they start to really perform extremely well from level 15-20)

Only for the last 2 fights (duchal palace, sarevok) did i find than no pausing made it slightly more difficult (due to the fact that dopplegangers and sarevok are hasted and therefore much more difficult to target).
    jackjack
  • mumumomomumumomo Member Posts: 635
    Chateau irenicus finished.
    Nearly died on one radiant mephit. I hate these ones...
    GreenWarlockMacHurtololien
  • GLoBaLGLoBaL Member Posts: 13
    Necro @mumumomo how’d it go? Dare I try?
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    @GLoBaL if the idea interests you then give it a go! I've tried a number of no-reload runs - mainly playing solo, but the last time I did it was with a full party.

I was playing very strictly no pause and found that pretty difficult early on as I'm so used to pausing a lot. However, if you give yourself a chance to get used to the different restrictions it's not too hard.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    For a solo run getting boots of speed or playing a monk or barbarian would make this a lot easier I'd bet. The only way I would try this is with a barbarian myself. Even doing a monk would be a huge chore because they can't hit anything in the early levels.

With a party it probably wouldn't be as bad if, unlike me, you could view the other party members as at least somewhat expendable. I tend to play the game like all 6 members are Charname!
    gorgonzola
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    With a party it probably wouldn't be as bad if, unlike me, you could view the other party members as at least somewhat expendable. I tend to play the game like all 6 members are Charname!
    i do the same, bot for RP, they help me in my quest and i have obligations toward them, and because a strong party is stronger then a weak one with a super charname.

i think that to not use pause is possible but i don't see how it can add value to the game, for multiplayer or solo is possible to map the keys, controlling a full party alone not using pause mean to not be able to have a fine control on what the party do.
    the fastest one is with keyboard and mouse the better he can do it, but the game is not designed for it, RP and sound and well performed tactics are the keys to have a satisfying game play, quick reflexes and no pause work better with games with a completely different combat and magic system.