Skip to content

Server response timed out. You have been disconnected

FulaFula Member Posts: 5
edited November 2018 in Technical Support
Hello. I brought the enhanced edition recently and I keep getting disconnection every 10 minutes or so when I try to play on a pw. Thing is that I also own the original edition and I had the same trouble, but I fixed it by port forwarding to a number I found in the nwnplayer.ini ( The line said client port=5561). The line also appears in the nwnplayer.ini from the E E but seems to be different, since it seems to be set in 0 and can´t be modified ( I tried and it always go back to 0). So now I don´t know how should I fix this.
Post edited by Fula on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This could be an issue with the server you're playing on. A good test would be to try a very basic server game, like the Prelude e.g. If that gives you problems, it's your router. If not, likely it's the server.

In case it's your router, check out https://portforwarding.com Note that it's for 1.69, some of the ports are from Gamespy days, but the main parts still apply. The port 5561 is not commonly used. If you're going for the general public server ranges, you need to open the common ports because most use them.
  • invader_nyminvader_nym Member Posts: 10
    I've noticed that every time a beamdog product ceases to function as expected, it's someone else's problem. I have this same issue, which I never had until switching to Enhanced Edition, and which I also don't experience with any other product.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @invader_nym It would be helpful if you reported the exact issue you're having at support.baldursgate.com so that our QA could get to it in time.