Skip to content

Wraithform spell

2»

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    noooooope, its as normal as can be in terms of enchantment bonus in bg1, hence for whatever reason it gives you an extra attack per round, ( i've used it with gatekeeper and such eons back) and it cant damage things that are immune to non magical weapons @Mortianna and wraithform only protects you against non magical weapons so +1 weapons would work on someone with wraithform
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @sarevok57

I've tested it with Totemic Druid summons, Sarevok rips through them like they're nothing.
    ah, but that isnt vanilla bg 1 like i have,in that triolgy/tutu mods there are A LOT of changes in those from the original, i dont have any of those wacky mods, and in the vanilla game, he has a two handed sword of nothingness +0 :)
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    His two-handed sword is flagged magical in BG1+ToTSC
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    sarevok57 said:

noooooope, its as normal as can be in terms of enchantment bonus in bg1, hence for whatever reason it gives you an extra attack per round, ( i've used it with gatekeeper and such eons back) and it cant damage things that are immune to non magical weapons @Mortianna and wraithform only protects you against non magical weapons so +1 weapons would work on someone with wraithform

BG doesn't use enchantment levels, only the magical and cold-iron flags.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Mortianna said:

@Tanthalas I remember giving it to Xan in ToTSC, but can't remember if it worked pre- or post-modding.

It must be post-modding. I'm playing Vanilla BG and it doesn't work at all.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    Quartz said:

Mortianna said:

@Tanthalas I remember giving it to Xan in ToTSC, but can't remember if it worked pre- or post-modding.

It must be post-modding. I'm playing Vanilla BG and it doesn't work at all.
    Just saw this (I don't always receive notifications for some reason). I tried it on my GOG version (I lost the original BG CDs during a move) and Wraithform works fine, except there's no text for the spell's description.
    @CamDawg who uses cold iron in bg1?
    @sarevok57

There's at least 4 weapons with the cold iron trait. Basically all weapons that have +X to shapeshifters.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    From memory it's Balduran's sword, Kondar, Werebane and Flame Tongue.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Just checked in the net, i get the CLUAConsole code for wraith form (SCRL1R) but my game does not recognize it, also in Shadow Keeper, this spell does not appear on the list of scroll items, neither spells. I have BG and TotSC, so something is very wrong here (yet i aknowledge the existence of the spell, as it appears in many lBG item lists).
  • BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    @Tanthalas Has this been fixed? Just saw that you responded to a similar thread in the beta section.
    @Balquo

Yeah, its been fixed.
  • NuinNuin Member Posts: 451
    edited November 2012
    For the post with Wraithform not working as Xan, Xan gets the spell as bonus if you get him at level 5, but his version is bugged - it is level 1 instead of level 3 and does not work. This can be fixed via game editors (I used Sword Coast Keeper).

Wraithform is completely missing in BG2, so I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't show up in Shadowkeeper/Tutu.

• toshirotoshiro Member Posts: 113
    Bioware played fast and loose with the rules, in order to get the game to follow all of the rules, beamdog would have had to start from scratch, biggest loser were bards and players
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Bards could be easly fixed, just by giving them song alike abilities, using NWN2 style for example.

Let the base song of the engine, and give a x uses per day of a set list of bards songs. As there's no select table avaliable to be revamped for bards due to hard coded engine issues, just base the songs in the alignment and we could be done with it.