Skip to content

Console Release Dates & Game Packs

2»

Comments

• SteveRogers41SteveRogers41 Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2019
    Will there be cross-platform multiplayer capabilities? Would love to buy the Switch version just so my nephew can play with me while I use my PC.
    Post edited by SteveRogers41 on
  • TetristeTetriste Member Posts: 1
    How will it work for translations? For instance, french is currently supported for BG1, but not BG2, will it be some sort of option in game, or will it be disabled altogether? Or are there plans for a more complete language support by then? ( That would honestly be great, I would like for my family to enjoy this game, but I'm the only one who understands english properly :/, I'm surprised that it wasn't already outsourced, or even sponsored by third parties such as Wizards of the Coast, since baldur's gate is a great intro to the D&D world )
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Tetriste wrote: »
    How will it work for translations? For instance, french is currently supported for BG1, but not BG2, will it be some sort of option in game, or will it be disabled altogether? Or are there plans for a more complete language support by then? ( That would honestly be great, I would like for my family to enjoy this game, but I'm the only one who understands english properly :/, I'm surprised that it wasn't already outsourced, or even sponsored by third parties such as Wizards of the Coast, since baldur's gate is a great intro to the D&D world )

So BGII:EE will be localized in French.
    Will there be cross-platform multiplayer capabilities? Would love to buy the Switch version just so my nephew can play with me while I use my PC.

This is still TBA.
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    I really wanna see an gameplay footage.

I an not sure if is legit, but here is a Gameplay from the unreleased Playstation version of Baldur's Gate 1;

Baptor
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    @SorcererV1ct0r After watching just over a minute of the video, I could already tell that it's not footage from the PS4 but from the classic PC game. These indicators were a dead giveaway.

1. The old (and now non-existent) Black Isle Studios and TSR promotional logos.
    2. The absence of both Wizards of the Coast and Beamdog promotional logos.
    3. The initial Campaign Movie/Cutscene is the original, not the re-rendered version.

It seems to me this video was produced with the intent of being fan-made at best, and a role-playing game Rick-Roll at worst. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    After watching just over a minute of the video, I could already tell that it's not footage from the PS4 but from the classic PC game. These indicators were a dead giveaway.

1. The old (and now non-existent) Black Isle Studios and TSR promotional logos.
    2. The absence of both Wizards of the Coast and Beamdog promotional logos.
    3. The initial Campaign Movie/Cutscene is the original, not the re-rendered version.

It seems to me this video was produced with the intent of being fan-made at best, and a role-playing game Rick-Roll at worst. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.

I know. Looks like an old PS1 port. That is my point. I wanna see how the controlls will work cuz controllers are awful for RPG's.
    Prince_Raymond
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    I see, now. Forgive me for being judgmental. I wasn't even aware that there was a PS1 port of the game. I would imagine that it would play the same way that Diablo played on the original Playstation console, only optimized for a controller. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    We hope there will be more videos closer to the release. For now, we have this one:

• BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    For the Baldur's Gate EE, will Siege of Dragonspear be an option or can a person toggle it on/off to have the classic experience or will players on console always transition to the SOD storyline after defeating Saervok?
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Hi, I just had a quick question about the console releases. The Xbox One has mouse and keyboard support, however only a handful of games have utilized this feature. Will the enhanced edition xbox one release feature mouse and keyboard support? Thanks in advance!
    Hi, I just had a quick question about the console releases. The Xbox One has mouse and keyboard support, however only a handful of games have utilized this feature. Will the enhanced edition xbox one release feature mouse and keyboard support? Thanks in advance!

Not officially, no.
    As many of you know, Skybound Games and Beamdog are releasing enhanced editions of several classic D&D games for console this October! Originally set to release in the first week of October, The Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Pack and the Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition / Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will now release both in physical editions and digitally on October 15th globally for #Playstation4, #XboxOne & #NintendoSwitch.

Those who pre-ordered the Collector's Pack editions for these two games will also experience a slight delay in receiving their games in the mail and we will of course keep you updated.

Our sincere apologies for this change in schedule –we can't wait to get these games in your hands and greatly appreciate your patience!

Also, don't miss on this interview about the challenges of creating a console version of BG: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/09/feature_beamdog_on_bringing_baldurs_gate_and_classic_dandd_rpgs_to_switch
    Prince_RaymondAedan
  • PekingduckmanPekingduckman Member Posts: 151
    Do they come with extra content like portraits and voice sets, and if so are they going to be backported on to the existing versions?
    Do they come with extra content like portraits and voice sets, and if so are they going to be backported on to the existing versions?

No, only the existing content is included.
  • FF8FanFF8Fan Member Posts: 2
    Hi I'm looking forward to the console releases! :)

I have two questions though:
    1.) Will I be able to import my save / character from BG1 to BG2 ?
    2.) Will I be able to import custom portaits ?
    Yes, you will be able to import your save and character from BG1 to BG2. I don't have any info about custom portraits at the moment.
  • FF8FanFF8Fan Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply, thats good news :)
    JuliusBorisov