Skip to content

Baldur's Gate 2 EE lag problem on windows 7/10

SunMaster14SunMaster14 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3
Hello, I need a little help to fix this lag issue. I bought BG2EE a few months back, and when I tried playing, after 30 min I've encountered an unplayable lag. I searched on google the issue and found that it is a known bug (I had windows 7 at the time), but did not found a solution, so I gave up tring to play the game (even though I payed for it, I did not try to request my money back). Last week I've installed windows 10, thinking it would be different this time, I tried again BG2, but the same error, after only 5 min of play.
Please help, I really want to play this game...
My laptop configuration is: Aspire 7739G / i3-380M / GeForce 610M / 4Gb RAM.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @SunMaster14, and welcome to the forum.

Not sure which lag you might be talking about (there are a couple) but lets try this solution first. Just copy the unpacked file (32 bit version of the opengl) into the root of the game folder and see if that is any better. It is isn't we do have some other things to try. If it doesn't work, you can remove the opengl file.

To continue, we would need some more info about your Aspire. Would you be able to run 'dxdiag' from your command prompt or 'run' command, let it scan the system and upload the resulting text document. It provides info about your driver files etc.

If you could explain the lag a little better as well, ie: is it when moving your team (how many in the group) around the screen, happens when spell casting or something else. You also indicated that you found the issue when googling, would you be able to point to that?

If you need any assistance, let me know and I will explain things a little better.

Thanks
    Gus
  • SunMaster14SunMaster14 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your help, but it did not work. I tried to install directx12, still nothing, then I reinstalled some windows drivers, and now the does not start at all.
    I get the following error: https://ibb.co/stgMcSL
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @SunMaster14
    As Julius has stated above, but also if you want to use the DirectX engine, then install DirectX9.0. It will sit beside DX12 and not interfere with the newer games that use DX11/12.

Gus
  • SunMaster14SunMaster14 Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3
    Sorry for troubling you. I tried everything and it did not work. I will give up for the moment, and retry with the next windows reinstall or new computer or tablet.
    Thanks for all your help and reactivity. BG comunity rullz.