Skip to content

True xp mod

Is there a true xp mod?

What I'm talking about is the following: when finishing a questline, every party member receives X xp points.

But... Is it possible to convert the batch of xp points to a single xp pool, so if you play solo, you get 6x the experience when ending the questlines?

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    edited June 2019
    Yes it is. My tweaks mod has a component "Make quest experience divided among party members" which does this. It looks through all BCS and DLG files and replaces all instances of giving a certain amount of quest experience to each party member with giving six times that much experience divided among party members.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Holy shit, thank you!! Does it also work with BGT? I'll take a look later, I'm not at my pc now.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    Are you thinking that when the devs award "quest XP" to each party member who lived through the questline, you should be treated as living through it 6 times and receive 6x the XP? Haven't seen a mod like that but quest XP isn't received all that often so it wouldn't be too much of an issue to just console in the XP as needed.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    jsaving wrote: »
    Are you thinking that when the devs award "quest XP" to each party member who lived through the questline, you should be treated as living through it 6 times and receive 6x the XP? Haven't seen a mod like that but quest XP isn't received all that often so it wouldn't be too much of an issue to just console in the XP as needed.

Having experience be divided among party members doesn't make a lot of sense, but it makes soloing a lot more fun - a very different experience from playing with a party. In games where solo characters don't get any more experience than they would in a full party, it's usually almost impossible to solo the game, so that closes another interesting way of experiencing the game.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    In my experience soloing a charname is already overexperienced, a solo sorcerer starting in soa, so with less then 90k xp, can easily cast lev 9 spells in chap 2.
    The real problem is late game when as even in a 6 people party every toon is at high level and the soloer lacks of apr or casting power compared with 6 people that are themselves able to use HLAs and top tier spells.
    So a mod that change the way quest xp is got makes too easy what is already easy but almost does not affect what is difficult.
    I see it more suited for little parties with multi classes, in a party of 3 a FM or CM does not to wait forever to cast high level spells.
  • ilduderinoilduderino Member Posts: 773
    The xp granted for that Neera cat fetching quest will never be enough
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Heh, I did that quest just last week. What I ended up doing was sending Jaheira (who's wearing the Boots of Speed) running off into the forest to look for cats while the rest of my party stays back at the entrance of the map. Use the cat food to lure the cat into your pack, then have Jaheira high-tail it back to the party.

The weird thing (and trick) I discovered is that if the cat escapes your pack, for some reason it spawns at the location of the party leader, NOT whoever has the cat in their pack, which means I could just keep an eye on any escaped cats at the map entrance until Jaheira arrives, pick up the cat, then zone into the Refuge and hand it off before going back into the Wild Forest. Rinse and repeat until you've done all the cats.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    it is strange how i found that quest very easy and fast while other players seem to find it difficult and frustrating.
    if the one with the boots of speed is also hasted he moves at 4x the normal speed rate and it is very easy to scout the area, find the cats and collect them before they escape.
    cats, like beholders, need the proper tactics, even if are not so dangerous :D , in both cases proper tactic, party placement and the use of the right tools can make something that seems impossible very easy ;) .