Skip to content

Traps visibility

SeorrSeorr Member Posts: 7
Hello everyone. I hope this is the right category... Already planning my IWD and BGII playthrough while waiting for 2.6 and I'd like to know if traps can be made permanently visible or be simpler to spot? I hate searching for them, they slow down the game. I really enjoyed Dragon Age: Origins style - your rogue would quickly and automatically notice every one.

I could use the tweak that removes them, but I'd rather not completely get rid of such an important part of the game. Also, I realise there are "traps" that work as plot triggers or monster spawns. Obviously I don't want to see these. :P So, options (order matters):
1. Always visible
2. All party members can spot them, regardless of class
3. A rogue sees them even without specifically looking for traps

Also, would be cool if they were noticed quickly rather than after many seconds. But I guess that's some hardcoded random/per round thing... Oh, and what about spotting range? If I remember correctly, it's less normal view range. Can that be changed?

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Hello @Seorr ! This mod is about your last request i think.
    Seorr
  • Magus_BGforgeMagus_BGforge Member Posts: 25
    Check this tweak. It won't make the traps always visible, but it will let you know when to search for one.
    Seorr
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited June 2019
    @Magus_BGforge your mod is great. It's a shame it is unknown! Well done. Will be using next playthrough.

I would have added Arkanis Gath too to the list :P
    Arthas wrote: »
    I would have added Arkanis Gath too to the list :P
    You mean fair fights? He's there.
    Arthas
    @Magus_BGforge any chance you could make a component that makes the thieves detect traps immediately, instead of having to wait X time?
    I'm not sure if that's possible. And if it was, I'm not sure I'd want to have this in my game.
    @Magus_BGforge I think it is possible even if I lack the skills to make such a mod.

"Just spawn a spy over the trap and force a modified Detect Traps with reduced radius to reveal it. Some traps however have pretty wild distance between their object's location (where OT text pops up) and their actual polygon, though, so there might be a few hiccups along the way".

I asked about such a component because after the nth playthrough it starts to get boring when you have to wait 10-20 seconds to actually disarm a trap and then do it again and again :'(
    Arthas wrote: »
    @Magus_BGforge I think it is possible even if I lack the skills to make such a mod.

"Just spawn a spy over the trap and force a modified Detect Traps with reduced radius to reveal it. Some traps however have pretty wild distance between their object's location (where OT text pops up) and their actual polygon, though, so there might be a few hiccups along the way".

I asked about such a component because after the nth playthrough it starts to get boring when you have to wait 10-20 seconds to actually disarm a trap and then do it again and again :'(
    That could work. Although if traps annoy you that much, there are mods to just remove them.
    My backlog is pretty long at the moment, anyway, so no telling when I'll get to TnT. You can create an issue on Github, and maybe I'll take a look at it. But no promises.
    Arthas
    edited July 2019
    @Magus_BGforge I would love to create an issue on Githhub, but I don't know how to do that. Thanks for giving it a thought, though.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @Arthas You just create github account, open this lik: https://github.com/BGforgeNet/vscode-bgforge-mls/issues and click "New issue"