Skip to content

Fighter/Mage/Thief help

Greetings all,

I am really enjoying my newest 6 party play through but have come to a small problem. My fighter/mage/thief keeps getting hit in Chapter 2. I am looking for some immediate suggestions that can increase the survivability of f/m/t as the off-tank.

Currently I buff with mage armour, shield, and mirror images when it is available. I use a robe, shield, and sword or the best possible gear to put armour class into the negatives. Changing stats is not really an option since the game has already been started. I even have the maximum proficiency to increase sword and shield style

What do the experienced players think I should do differently?

Comments

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Shield and Mirror Image are good spells, especially that early on. However, Sword and Shield style isn't that good in Chapter 2: it only increases your Armor Class against missile weapons, and the enemies in Chapter 2 mostly use melee attacks.

Spirit Armor would be better than Shield, if you have a mage who can cast 4th-level spells. You can get a Spirit Armor scroll by going back to Orrick (his store gets new items once Chapter 2 starts).
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Blur (as well as Stoneskin and Improved Invisibility, once you're high enough level to cast level 4 spells) are also excellent additions to helping your F/M/T stand their own in combat. :)
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Zaxares wrote: »
    Blur (as well as Stoneskin and Improved Invisibility, once you're high enough level to cast level 4 spells) are also excellent additions to helping your F/M/T stand their own in combat. :)

The only problem is, the first Stoneskin and Improved Invisibility scrolls in the game are in Chapter 3. :(
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    I tend to play my low level fighter multis with armor, and mostly use the mage component to identify stuff.

My suggestion, carry some heavy armor with you to put on after you've used up your spells. Liberal use of the sleep spell can help still that early on also, I believe.
  • JoneserJoneser Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the suggestions all.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    edited July 2019
    If you are around level 3, then you should be casting sleep when facing foes who can be affected by that spell and wearing plate mail when entering melee range against everything else. Unarmored melee won't be safe for a FMT until you can cast stoneskin.

Post edited by jsaving on
  • Silver_ArrowSilver_Arrow Member Posts: 23
    I am sure it was all due to the lack of blur =)