Skip to content

Download stuck

badstrrefbadstrref Member Posts: 124
edited April 2019 in Technical Support
6d5lvtnr8mvj.jpg

Hello,
trying to reinstall the game, it froze at halfway, resumed for some reason, now its perma stuck at 99%

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hi there! Try to restart the Client a few times (and reboot the PC).
    badstrref
  • badstrrefbadstrref Member Posts: 124
    Thanks Julius, it works now, downloaded without any hiccup
    JuliusBorisov
  • Mariojg4Mariojg4 Member Posts: 3
    Hi.
    I can't install the game. I have reboot the pc, login and unlogin beamdog client several times, but is useless.

It's stopping here by hours, i have unistalled all the folders too and doesn't work.
    k88wzvityabx.png

Help please, beamdog support doesn't help and i have requested.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thank you, @Mariojg4 . There's an internal problem, we're working on a fix.
    Try to restart the Client a few times, it should be working now.
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197
    I'm having the same issue. This is super frustrating; the download has 0 seeds consistently. Why can't we just get a direct non-torrented download up in here!?
  • SixheadeddogSixheadeddog Member Posts: 197
    Update on my situation: I had to literally leave my Beamdog client open, and my computer running, overnight and through most of the day. At some point when I wasn't looking it completed the download.
    I understand that torrenting occasionally provides faster download speeds... but there should be an option to just directly download via the client, especially when the client is the only install method for these games now.
    JuliusBorisovPrince_Raymond
    We were seeing a bunch of load on the torrent servers yesterday. We are still trying to work out why this is happening.
  • Prince_RaymondPrince_Raymond Member Posts: 437
    edited July 2019
    @JuliusBorisov My guess is because of the length of time between patches/updates. Once the majority of NWN:EE owners were notified through the Beamdog Client that an update was finally available, they flooded your torrent servers by downloading the update through the Beamdog Client. This is probably what has been killing your bandwidth. Again, I'm just guessing. I'm neither a developer nor a programmer. I'm just a guy who unloads trucks and breaks down loads for a living. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
    JuliusBorisov
  • EldrickEldrick Member Posts: 12
    I am having this problem as well. Are you still working on this?
  • EldrickEldrick Member Posts: 12
    I have restarted my PC, and the client many times over the last couple of days. I even let it run over night. Nothing is working. Is there a work around so I can start using the EE client again?
    We're still trying to solve the issue with the Beamdog Client stuck on downloading.
    Ok, there is, unfortunately, a bug for uninstalling games/deleting the files with the Client. That bug might be why you can't cancel the installation. Fixing it is on our to-do list.

To resolve it originally, you have to use a workaround at the moment. Delete the files it downloaded, uninstall and reinstall the Client, and then run the install again.

We understand that is a bad solution and we'll address it in the future (once we have some time available).
    edited July 2019
    And now, here's an update on my situation.

1. Delete the files it downloaded. (Check)
    2. Uninstall and reinstall the client. (Check)
    3. And then run the install again. (Check)

After following and applying these instructions twice, I am still unable to complete the installation of the NWN:EE Development Build. Both times, the Beamdog Client started downloading 5.03 GB at a solid 2-3 MB/s. Then once again, it gradually throttled down to 0 B/s upon reaching 291.95 MB to download. I was still able to download and apply the DLC to both the Retail And Development builds without a hitch, except for Pirates of the Sword Coast. After that download completed, the Beamdog Client crashed when applying the DLC. I had to close and reopen the Beamdog Client, then click on the little blue Maintenance icon in order to restore the DLC it freshly downloaded and applied. Now, I'm back in the same situation I was in before using this so-called workaround. One thing I would like to know is, What is the difference between the 4.99 GB of the Retail Build and the 5.03 GB of the Development Build? Where is this extra data to download coming from? Are you able to disclose this information? Thank you for reading and happy gaming to all.ov9wo3xg0gbg.pngl6syoaldk8n7.png

JuliusBorisovVivienneL
    This should be fixed now.
    Prince_RaymondVivienneL
    Download and installation complete. The Beamdog Client works as intended. Praise the sun! Thank you, @Beamdog for fixing this SNAFU. If you don't mind me asking, what was the cause? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    VivienneLJuliusBorisov
  • VivienneLVivienneL Member Posts: 52
    edited July 2019
    The download situation is fixed it seems but the game won't start in linux and it starts in windowed mode in wine which prevents the screen edge scrolling or turning. Good thing I backed up the 8187 version before updating and can keep playing that version or the retail one.
    Happy gaming everyone
    edited July 2019
    @VivienneL It looks like they updated the Development Build yet again. I just fired up the Beamdog Client when the first thing I saw was the little blue Maintenance icon notifying me that NWN:EE Development had added or missing files. I clicked "Restore", and it went through the whole verification and patching process to download the missing data. I checked through the directory after opening the game location, and there seems to be some parity being established between the Desktop and Mobile versions. Try updating through the client one more time to see if that happens. It should be working now. Keep your backed-up version just in case. Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.
    JuliusBorisovVivienneL
    Download and installation complete. The Beamdog Client works as intended. Praise the sun! Thank you, @Beamdog for fixing this SNAFU. If you don't mind me asking, what was the cause? Thank you for reading, and happy gaming to all.

The cause was that we were working on the next build but then decided it needed more QA testing. The build that was initially uploaded to the dev torrent was a wrong one.
    Prince_Raymond
    edited July 2019
    Just created a bug report after the game crashed when trying to adjust the screen resolution in windowed mode. Here's the link. https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/40784

Edit: Looked through both nwn.ini and nwnplayer.ini, and the "FullScreen=1" option is missing.
    Post edited by Prince_Raymond on
    JuliusBorisov
  • krzysztofikkrzysztofik Member Posts: 4
    I have this problem with my BG EE download. Is there any way to resolve this?