Skip to content

Dire Charm not dispellable?

In my current playthrough I just ran into a (minor) problem in an Illithid fight. One of them got Nalia dire charmed, and I could not seem to dispel it. I tried a normal dispel, a Remove Magic, and even the Inquisitor's dispel.

Is it supposed to NOT be dispellable? Does the "Dire Charm" from an Illithid work differently?

(No-one got killed btw, it seemed that Nalia couldn't hit the broad side of her own party's barn lol)
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Illithid effects are not spells, but psionic equivalents.
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    I think you can cast your own charm spell on her to get her back.
    JuliusBorisovSjerrie
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    @Grond0 figured it had to be something like that. Strange I don't remember it not being dispellable, I fought plenty of flayers over the years. :p
    JuliusBorisov
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Yeah, I usually keep a Dire Charm slotted on my Mage for just that purpose, in case Minsc et al fail their save. ;)
    JuliusBorisovSjerrie
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the level 5 cleric spell chaotic commands makes you immune to the effect, i wonder if it also cures it as well?
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    the level 5 cleric spell chaotic commands makes you immune to the effect, i wonder if it also cures it as well?

Interesting thought, I may need to do some testing. :)
    sarevok57
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Failing that, you can also bring along Algernon's Cloak/Nymph Cloak since the Charm effect on that actually uses Breath Weapon(?) as a save, which characters generally have a weaker save against than vs Spell.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    the staff of command has a domination effect, that is not charm, but should be enough to have the toon back in controll. i never used it for that purpose so it has to be tested, and i can not do it now.

the interesting thing about that staff is that the domination is without save, works even vs many late game enemies with very good save throws, it is worth to spend a charge to regain control of a teammate without gambling on saving throws if the party has it.
    Sjerriesarevok57