Skip to content

Hull the Unbreakable!

Black_ElkBlack_Elk Member Posts: 30
Decided to roll up an iron hearted Assassin for the Evil saga playthrough, since it wasn't on offer in the original with the Kits and always wanted to try out some snares. Went high on STR for hauling the bodies, and INT to leave open a back door for OP spellcasting options down the road, naturally. Gotta give this heir to the Lord of Murder plotline a fair shake right?

Anyhow after skipping out of Candlekeep with all the gold we could grab (and Ness' antidote of course), we decided to assume Hull's identity for cover. Makes sense since we took the point in long sword, for a little more reach from the shadows. We're in Chapter 2 now and it still hasn't broken. Not sure if its our clearly excellent luck, or perhaps some hidden ability in the steel that even Firebead's scroll couldn't discern? Who was this Hull guy anyway, and what drove him to drown himself in mead? Definite doppelganger now in any case, since he's our chosen patsy for all crimes commited from Beregost and points beyond.

Hehe catch you next round!

Ps. Now that we got Nalin on the take, and our rep slightly above despicable, decided it was a great time to invest in some Nashkel riverfront property. I heard Joseph was looking to make a quick sale with a short closer. Hull the Pius is ready to cut him a sweetheart deal ;)
Post edited by Black_Elk on

Comments

• ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    I keep Hull's sword, too. As a quest item, it won't break. Same for Perdue's short sword.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Yeah, if it has any kind of special name it's unbreakable, even if it's not enchanted.

Wooden weapons are unbreakable, since they're not iron.

Katana, scimitars, ninja-to, and wakizashi are unbreakable, because they're imported from a far off land that I guess isn't experiencing an iron crisis right now.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Chronicler wrote: »
    Yeah, if it has any kind of special name it's unbreakable, even if it's not enchanted.

Actually, this isn't true. I looked at Hull's, Perdue's, Kylee's, and Nester's weapons. They are all breakable in EE and in the original too.
    Katana, scimitars, ninja-to, and wakizashi are unbreakable, because they're imported from a far off land that I guess isn't experiencing an iron crisis right now.

Scimitars are actually breakable, but the other weapons listed here are not.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367

That line is hilarious if you think about it. Staves and clubs must be made from Ironwood in the Forgotten Realms!
  • Black_ElkBlack_Elk Member Posts: 30
    It just broke chunking a Flind! Hehe alas, was hoping to put someone to bed with it on the return to Candlekeep, but it certainly put in some work before then.
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Myth busted!
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Balrog99 wrote: »

That line is hilarious if you think about it. Staves and clubs must be made from Ironwood in the Forgotten Realms!

Gotta put some starch in your maypole to get the job done.