Skip to content

Dragon Armors - Remastered Mod

Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
edited July 2019 in BGII:EE Mods
Greetings all, I decided to try my hand at some modding since I enjoy so many of them from the community.

This one can be considered an Alpha in its current state, and what I am providing today is a preview of the final product:

The dragon armors in both BG1 and BG2 (especially 2) have always bothered me, they just seemed lackluster for what they should be. I mean for crying out loud, we have an amazing dwarven smith crafting armor from the most fearsome beasts in faerun.. shouldn't they be a bit more.... spectacular?

The goal of this mod:

Cosmetic improvements - these armors should really shine, and cosmetically, that's what I will try to do with them. That being said, the cosmetic improvements are not going to be overly gaudy or flashy (by my standards, at least). My goal is subtle awesomeness that stands out, but isn't over the top.

Ability improvements and changes - I will be making changes to the abilities of these armors to be more in line of what I feel they should be based on the respective color of the dragon they came from, as well as removing some of what I consider bothersome abilities currently on these armors. I am not looking to make these armors overpowered or the end-be-all.

Weidu compatibility - I've never made a Weidu mod before, but I would like the end product to be so.

7-22-2019 Update:

V1.0 of this mod is finished! It is also in WeiDu format for better compatibility with other mods. You can download it below, and a screenshot:

du4tknmqxth7.png

https://github.com/DaerosTrollkiller/InfinityEngineMods/raw/master/Dragon%20Armor%20Remastered.zip

For the cosmetic-only version of this mod, you can download it here:

https://github.com/DaerosTrollkiller/InfinityEngineMods/raw/master/DragArm%20Remastered%20Cosmetic.zip

For best compatibility this mod should be installed prior to other item mods, especially large ones like the G3 tweaks anthology.

I appreciate any feedback or pointers. Enjoy!

For those who would rather see the list of changes without discovering them for yourself:

Blue Dragon Plate:

- color correction to better match the icon
- added blue color glow pulse
- new ability: cast chain lightning once per day (instant)
- updated item description

Red Dragon Scale:

- added red color glow pulse
- new ability: cast fire shield (red) once per day (instant)
- corrected item name to reflect color

Shadow Dragon Scale:

- changed equipped appearance to chainmail (is still usable by leather-restricted classes)
- added violet color glow pulse
- new ability: cast wraithform once per day (instant)

White Dragon Scale:

- color correction to better match the host dragon
- added white color glow pulse
- cone of cold twice per day (down from 3, but instant)

Silver Dragon Scale:

- added silver color glow pulse
- removed movement speed increase
- new ability: cast writhing fog twice per day (instant)

(Green) Dragon Scale:

- added viridian color glow pulse
- new ability: cast neutralize poison once per day
- updated item name to reflect color

Post edited by Daeros_Trollkiller on
PsicoVicAndreaColomboJuliusBorisovAerakarAedanFlashburnGusindaGloomfrost

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Hi, could you add a screenshot or two in your post?
    AndreaColombo
  • Daeros_TrollkillerDaeros_Trollkiller Member Posts: 325
    Posted two new updates, see above :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    To update descriptions you need to use Weidu.

Yes, I know, I am working on learning how to do so in order to complete the mod.
    Aedan
    posted another progress update.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Congratulations for your mod - keep up the good work!
    Gusinda
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    just a quick question Daeros Trollkiller for the 7-22 update is there an option to just do the cosmetic change and not the item change? I would like to know before installing, trying to play as true to original BG2 experience just my personal preference. Can't wait to see these cosmetic changes in game :)
    Gloomfrost wrote: »
    just a quick question Daeros Trollkiller for the 7-22 update is there an option to just do the cosmetic change and not the item change? I would like to know before installing, trying to play as true to original BG2 experience just my personal preference. Can't wait to see these cosmetic changes in game :)

There is, and I have reuploaded it and provided a link in the first post. Enjoy!

@Gloomfrost - also, I included the cosmetic-only portion of this mod in another mod I did here:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/76314/ee-cosmetic-item-enhancement-mod/p1?new=1

It's a larger-scale cosmetic mod for many items across BG1EE and BG2EE
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    yeah fantastic work Daeros Trollkiller. This is exactly what i wanted. I really am looking forward to seeing these in game, playing a solo thief at the moment, a rarity for me, so as soon as i get the UAI HLA i look forward to seeing your awesome work!
  • rhone89rhone89 Member Posts: 5
    Thank you much, I'm glad to give back to the community of a game I have enjoyed playing for the last 20 years. I still have my original discs!