Skip to content

"Cheating" a romance.

Let's just for arguments sake say that I was about to roll out as a Male Dwarf. Which variables would I have to tinker with to get, say, Viconia to treat that Dwarf as a romantic partner same as she would any other viable race?

Comments

• Gabeg21Gabeg21 Member Posts: 43
    Use this mod.... https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/tweaks/tweaks/

It has all kinds of cool things, even removing racial requirements for romances.
  • VerticorVerticor Member Posts: 119
    Right. Any other suggestions?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited July 2019
    Enter this into the console:

C:SetGlobal("ViconiaMatch","GLOBAL",1)
    C:SetGlobal("AnomenMatch","GLOBAL",1)
    C:SetGlobal("AerieMatch","GLOBAL",1)
    C:SetGlobal("JaheiraMatch","GLOBAL",1)
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    One thing I've experienced: mucking with a character after starting a game can mess with romance eligibility. I have one run in which I switched a character from female to male at the beginning of BG2; he went on to simultaneously romance Aerie and Anomen. While there was a "you must choose" scene that cut short Jaheira's romance in favor of Aerie, there wasn't anything to stop Anomen, and that character eventually got the wedding ring despite being male since before he even met Anomen.

The same principle should apply here too; changing the character from non-dwarf to dwarf will allow the romance.
    Tresset wrote: »
    Enter this into the console:

C:SetGlobal("ViconiaMatch","GLOBAL",1)
    C:SetGlobal("AnomenMatch","GLOBAL",1)
    C:SetGlobal("AerieMatch","GLOBAL",1)
    C:SetGlobal("JaheiraMatch","GLOBAL",1)

So there are no other variables to change beyond those? I seem to remember a whole list of variables to change in the old days, and that was just for one character.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    There were other variables, but most only came into play if you got "stuck" (or screwed up). To get a romance started, you just had to set the match variable. However, it has been a long time, so I can't recall if you have to manually set the *RomanceActive variable to 1. You might do that if it doesn't start on its own.
    Hmm. I'll try it, once it becomes relevant.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    If you're going to set one of those match variables, the best time to do it is before you meet the character you're planning to romance. They're ordinarily set as soon as you start BG2.

There are also "CHECK_____MATCH" global variables; they get set to 1 as well for the non-EE characters you can romance. I'm not sure exactly what they do, but it's probably a good idea to set them as well.