Skip to content

Another EE Trilogy Question

ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
I've already installed BG:EE mods that were supposed to be installed before EE Trilogy. For those that are supposed to be installed after, do I install them in the BG2:EE folder where EE Trilogy itself is or the BG:EE folder.

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Nevermind I think I figured it out.

If this doesn't work, I'll let you guys know.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Just to make sure (and in case someone else searches for this), mods that state direct/ native compatibility with EET should be installed to the EET (formerly BGII:EE) folder after the EET transition.
    But before the EET_End.exe.
    Only exception are BGI mods that need to be installed before other BGI mods without direct EET compatibility, e.g. bgqe (which provides EET comp.) before BG1NPC Project (which doesn't).
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    edited July 2019
    jastey wrote: »
    Only exception are BGI mods that need to be installed before other BGI mods without direct EET compatibility, e.g. bgqe (which provides EET comp.) before BG1NPC Project (which doesn't).

Assuming that the player wants to install both: BG1NPC and BGQE on EET
    - the correct install order of those mods is: BGQE before BG1NPC
    - BG1NPC can only be installed on BG1EE
    - so the even if BGQE provides EET compatibility, it still need to be installed on BG1EE, before BG1NPC, otherwise the install order is wrong (BG1NPC before BGQE) and the game resources are modified using incorrect order?

So it seems that when combine two mods which are strongly bound by install order, even if one has native EET compatibility, the install order still needs to be prioritized over native EET support, right?

Is that correct? Can you clarify?
    Post edited by ALIEN on
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Thanks guys but I already figured it out. I'll make another thread if I need more help.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited July 2019
    ALIEN wrote: »
    jastey wrote: »

Assuming that the player wants to install both: BG1NPC and BGQE on EET
    - the correct install order of those mods is: BGQE before BG1NPC
    - BG1NPC can only be installed on BG1EE
    - so the even if BGQE provides EET compatibility, it still need to be installed on BG1EE, before BG1NPC, otherwise the install order is wrong (BG1NPC before BGQE) and the game resources are modified using incorrect order?

So it seems that when combine two mods which are strongly bound by install order, even if one has native EET compatibility, the install order still needs to be prioritized over native EET support, right?

Is that correct? Can you clarify?

Yes, that is correct.
    In this scenario, installing bgqe to EET after transition would be installing it after BG1 NPC so it is preferable to install it to the BG:EE game before BG1 NPC.

To be precise, the install order is only important for the bgqe component "Brage's Sword".