Skip to content

Washed Out Spell Scrolls?

Has anyone noticed that certain spell scrolls and spell symbols are "washed out" and appear grey rather than the appropriate color? So far Hold Undead and Summon Lesser Fire Elemental share this issue in my current game.

I've included a screenshot showing some scrolls for comparison. In the far upper right is the washed out fire elemental scroll next to others with the right colors. There is even another summon lesser elemental scroll for comparison.

As far as mods, I am only running More Styles for Mages and Argent77's restore HD quality soundsets.

ev0kxw11y7f3.png

Comments

• ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    I've noticed it, as well. Very odd.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I've noticed this too, and only fairly recently. I wonder if it's perhaps linked to a graphical driver update.
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    Can it be because it is a cleric spell and your sorcerer can't use it ?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    No. This is something that shows up in the vanilla EE; some scrolls have that washed-out look instead of the usual blue/white/red color coding. It has nothing to do with being able to use it or not; that has a different visual cue. (Black background if you can cast it, red if you can't cast it, green if you can learn it)

Also, add Symbol: Fear to the list of scrolls that look this way.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    Actually I quite like this bug, it's harmless, so I think they should keep it :)
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    im pretty sure this bug has been around since the vanilla bg 2 days

in fact if im not mistaken from the vanilla game, summon lesser fire elemental had the wrong .bam picture ( it used the lesser earth elemental one ) but it was still washed out so you could tell the difference between the two
  • BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    sarevok57 wrote: »
    im pretty sure this bug has been around since the vanilla bg 2 days

I'll bet uncle Spanky's thumb that it wasn't. I've played BG2 over and over since 2000. This is literally the first time I've noticed it. That said, it is harmless so I guess I'll live with it.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    This isn’t a bug, it’s a quaint feature :)