Skip to content

Stealing Girdle of Stone Giant Strength from Duke Eltan

Is it possible ? According to the wiki it is. From what I have experienced so far (that is to say hundreds of tries with 320 in pick-pocketing with potions otherwise I have a 150 base) I have had many "The target has no items that can be stolen by a cut purse of your skill." and from time to time a "Pick pocket failed" message so I'd say that it is possible, but are the chances though ? Is there a way to know for sure if it can be stolen ?

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I don't think it's possible since belts are not on the usual list of pickpocketable items. (Although from a DM perspective, I'd be inclined to rule that a sufficiently skilled Thief COULD steal a belt from someone even if they were currently wearing it.) Generally pickpocket will only steal items in the character's inventory, not ones that are actually equipped.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Normally you CAN steal equipped belts. But Duke Eltan's Girdle of Stone Giant Strength is flagged as undroppable, so it can't be stolen. There's no way to get it. Even if you kill Duke Eltan somehow, he won't drop it.
  • Emperor_UdanEmperor_Udan Member Posts: 3
    Ok, thank you very much for your answers :-)
  • Emperor_UdanEmperor_Udan Member Posts: 3
    I have removed the entries concerning Eltan from the "Acquisition" section of the wiki page so that other players are not mislead like into thinking that the item is stealable.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    wow, i never knew that he had a belt of stone giant STR, i've killed him many times without knowing that could have been a possible drop