Skip to content

A huge NWN:EE Android patch released!

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Since Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition launched on Google Play in December last year, we’ve received lots of community feedback- and we've taken note! Thank you to all the players for your reviews, thoughts, and reports.

Today we’re releasing a new patch, which includes a host of bug fixes, major improvements to the gaming experience, and a few big community feature requests.

Our developers went through all of the input Trello cards for NWN:EE on mobile and decided on what was feasible to implement.

We’re thrilled to announce a few top community recommendations are now implemented in NWN:EE on Android:

- Installation to an SD card now available
- Quick-Save button added
- Labels added on all radial menus
- Improved UI
- Enlarged dialog window
- Improved log/chat
- Consistent camera rotation consistent with the PC version
- Improved instructions for camera modes and joystick operation
- Implemented the True Type Fonts
- and more!

We’re continuing to work on the PC version of NWN:EE and the new renderer, and hope to share more about that soon.

Check out the full patch notes (there're almost 50 new features and fixes!) here!
StummvonBordwehranastielDoubledimasPrince_RaymondArvialeeuxRik_KirtaniyaGusindalolienAerakar[Deleted User]

Comments

• anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    thanks for update
    JuliusBorisov
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Since Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition launched on Google Play in
    We’re thrilled to announce a few top community recommendations are now implemented in NWN:EE on Android:

- Implemented the True Type Fonts

We’re continuing to work on the PC version of NWN:EE and the new renderer, and hope to share more about that soon.
    here!

How about True Type Fonts for PC? How is that coming?
    MERLANCE
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    I didn't see anything about fixing problems with skinmesh weights causing robes and cloaks to be drawn in the wrong place. As it only affects certain devices it probably wasn't a priority of the team, but I'm curious if they solved this issuekyqstl1fgpkc.png
    sdbr3biugrjk.png
    w5r2424km1fs.png
    anastielMERLANCE
  • JaclieJaclie Member Posts: 1
    So I cannot find the camera ini file thing on Android to swap the camera back to its older rotation version
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @shabadoo

This is a well-known problem with our current renderer.

It happens on some devices - we suspect it is caused by a limit within the GPU of that device.

The new renderer is coming, and it'll help to fix that.

@Jaclie The camera setting should be in the nwnplayer.ini file in the user directory. It's under [Control Options]. CameraRotateDirection=-1 is the default, should be changed to 1 to revert it.

@themazingness Yes, it is coming.
    themazingnessAerakarStummvonBordwehr
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    JuliusBorisov
    Yes, thank you for keeping us updated :smile:@JuliusBorisov
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475
    Welcome back, @JuliusBorisov . Hope your vacation was full of gaming!
  • FilipseFilipse Member Posts: 36
    edited July 2019
    Okay, when will PC get it's first patch in half a year then? im tired of waiting on mobile and console platforms holding the main-game development back, when you should have made the PC version stabile and properly enhanced and ported it later instead.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

I haven't returned yet. I'll be on vacation till August 26. It's just that I can't leave you all fully.
    lolien
  • Peter_JohnsonPeter_Johnson Member Posts: 36
    Filipse wrote: »
    im tired of waiting on mobile and console platforms holding the main-game development back, when you should have made the PC version stabile and properly enhanced and ported it later instead.

That is rather narrow minded view. Everybody wants his/her own platform to be treated as priority.
    For example - as an Android player - I could argue PC players have old NWN, so they can wait. I DO NOT SAY IT, I know that for example from business perspective PC is more important for Beamdog.
    I just write this to show that a bit ot tolerance to others would be nice.

jonesr65Prince_Raymondgugulug5000
    edited August 2019
    Filipse wrote: »
    im tired of waiting on mobile and console platforms holding the main-game development back, when you should have made the PC version stabile and properly enhanced and ported it later instead.

That is rather narrow minded view. Everybody wants his/her own platform to be treated as priority.
    For example - as an Android player - I could argue PC players have old NWN, so they can wait. I DO NOT SAY IT, I know that for example from business perspective PC is more important for Beamdog.
    I just write this to show that a bit ot tolerance to others would be nice.

Honestly, your post was pretty narrow minded too.

The fact is NWN has been taking much longer than I expected, and I'm pretty disappointed. I got NWN because it was the EE and it was hyped as something that would receive polish, not because it was the old one I already had. I had the old one but felt it was clunky. Sadly, it remains clunky but I do like a few things they have added (not enough to justify what I spent). But I also understand they didn't make enough money off of it and they had to pick up projects that would make them money.

It isn't narrow minded to want the games you paid for and the company you invested in to live up to expectations. There is a clear track record of expectations for bugs and features to come that don't come for months or years. It is only narrow minded if you expect these things without them having new projects that provide the paychecks in the process. I do worry though that more and more projects means more and more expectations on the backburner only worsening the situation.
    Prince_Raymond
  • ElysianEchoesElysianEchoes Member Posts: 475

I haven't returned yet. I'll be on vacation till August 26. It's just that I can't leave you all fully.

That's a long vacation! I'll rephrase: hope your vacation IS full of gaming!
    JuliusBorisov