Skip to content

Bug - Fighter Stronghold Quest does not progress

I've spoken to the majordomo many times, rested a good 50 times in a row, and still nothing. Not sure why this bug still exists. Made a save to maintain a baseline, then tried several fixes listed throughout the site including adjusting the KPRUNNERSPAWN to 0 in the EEKeeper, as well as trying (separately) adjusting the KPPLOTTIME to 1, then tried a high number, then 0... all with no effect.

It's really rather annoying. Are there any known solutions that I am missing?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Quests happen after about 1-2 weeks game time. Number of rests doesn't influence it.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Would the AdvanceRealTime console command help?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Advancing real time won't help, because none of the keep events are on a real-time timer.

What does seem to work reliably on this one? Manually spawning the runner (KPRUNNER) with the in-game console. Then talk to him; it seems he doesn't actively seek you out, which makes him easy to miss and likely causes this to bug out so often.
    ThacoBelljoluv
  • Ploughed_JesterPloughed_Jester Member Posts: 93
    Hmm, so basically I have to go in and edit the game itself to add the Console commands back in? is that process different in EE? I've only been using keeper for minor fixes.

As for the in game time, I've also just let it run... like... for a loooooooooooong time. Left it running for 4 consecutive days realtime, checking every few hours to make sure to move past companion dialogue. No change.
    also, 1-2 weeks of in game SHOULD definitely be influenced by resting. each is 8 hours, and I advanced the in game calendar well over a month.
    joluv
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    Enabling the console is pretty simple in the EE. Find the baldur.lua file in the same place where the "save" folder is, and add the following line:

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')
    joluv
    That doesn't work. Unless i've got the formatting wrong...

CreateCreature("<string>")

doesnt work with KPRUNNER in place of string. Tried it with and without the carrots and quotes in every combination. It says it's (a nil value)
    Nevermind... Additional research shows I needed to use "C: " before the command, not "CluaConsole: "

Posting so others can benefit
    joluv
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    how far are you into the stronghold? if you are at the very beginning, some globals were supposed to set, so if they haven't set properly you can put these ones in using the cheat console:

C:SetGlobalTimer("KPTaxTime","GLOBAL",SEVEN_DAYS)
    C:SetGlobalTimer("KPPlotTime","GLOBAL",SEVEN_DAYS)
    C:SetGlobal("KeepPlot","GLOBAL",1)

how the fighter stronghold is supposed to work, is that as soon as you are done talking to the domo every 7 days ( sometimes i find its 2 weeks ) you can either come in and speak to him or a messenger will come and get you

for these days, this is game days, so if you want, you can rest/travel scum until the week or 2 goes by and this will count ( i was fixing another forum member's romance and i was rest scumming and his fighter stronghold was going off )

also, if you have any mods installed, its very possible it could be causing these issues as well, you would be amazed at how often mods are the culprit to these things

but anyway, try the above first, see if that gets things going, and if not, give us a copy of your save file, and i will tinker around with it, and see what needs to be done to fix it
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Nevermind... Additional research shows I needed to use "C: " before the command, not "CluaConsole: "

Posting so others can benefit

The "CluaConsole:" portion is for users of the original BG games. For EE users, use "C:" instead. :)
    Apparently, it's actually the patch version in EE. After patch v2.0 it changed to c but is still the Clua version before it.

... just in case anyone else finds this.