Skip to content

Nadarin quest and money reward

azuritazurit Member Posts: 182
edited January 2013 in Fixed
Nadarin in Baldur's Gate will ask you to kill basilisk in a store and when you do it and return to him, he will tell you 'Here's 1800 gold for helping me'. Problem is that you only get 500 gold. Or maybe this is a bug in czech translation?
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    NPC REACTION 15-20: 1300 exp, 1800 gp
    NPC REACTION 1-14: 1300 exp, Boots of Stealth, 500gp

I found this on dudleyville. Looks like it might be based on your NPC reaction. (not sure why the boots of stealth were mentioned but I suppose its possible they are a reward).

What was you charisma and reputation when you did the quest?
  • azuritazurit Member Posts: 182
    @elminster Charisma: 18, Reputation: 20. i didn't get any boots, only 500 GP.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited December 2012
    Strange he always says 500 here. I think this was fixed after translation.
    I don't know who's the Czech translator to alert them.
  • azuritazurit Member Posts: 182
    @christof can you, please, check this?
  • christofchristof Member Posts: 224
    thanks, it was a mistranslation (or maybe the number was changed during the course of BG history :) )
    elminster
  • RobinHood70RobinHood70 Member Posts: 11
    Sorry for the extreme necropost, but I just had reason to look into this, and this thread was near the top of the Google search results, so I thought I'd add clarification for anyone else searching for it.

In the original BG, the high-reaction reward was 1800 GP, as noted in the first reply. For whatever reason, in BGEE, this was nerfed down to 500 GP, but the low-reaction reward went unchanged, meaning that it's now the better reward! You do have the option to pickpocket the boots off of Nadarin, however, so as long as you have a decent thief, it works out the same.
    Permidion_Stark
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Maybe he likes evil PCs better. ^^
    Permidion_Stark
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited July 2019
    jastey wrote: »
    Maybe he likes evil PCs better. ^^

Or maybe he knows evil PCs will try to steal his boots so he figures it is best just to hand them over?
  • RobinHood70RobinHood70 Member Posts: 11
    LOL, both possibilities.