Skip to content

My custom sounds don't work when selecting the character who uses them.

GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
I downloaded Riddick and Arthas sound sets, but they dont work whenever I select my char. I think that maybe the coded names have been changed since the big update...anyone knows how to get it to work again?

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @GarrusN7, not sure which update you are talking about, but you could try and repointing to the sound bytes again.

Select the character, and open the Character Record (Press R). Select 'Customize', 'Sounds' and select 'Arthas' (assuming that the names weren't changed when you copied them into the 'sounds' folder).

Another area to look at would be 'Options' 'Sound'. Have a look and make sure that Selection Sounds and Command Sounds aren't set to 'never'.

Hope that helps
    Gus
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
    Gusinda wrote: »
    @GarrusN7, not sure which update you are talking about, but you could try and repointing to the sound bytes again.

Select the character, and open the Character Record (Press R). Select 'Customize', 'Sounds' and select 'Arthas' (assuming that the names weren't changed when you copied them into the 'sounds' folder).

Another area to look at would be 'Options' 'Sound'. Have a look and make sure that Selection Sounds and Command Sounds aren't set to 'never'.

Hope that helps
    Gus

Neither helps. Whenever I select characters with custom voice no sound on selection.
    OK, could you let me know which big update you are talking about?

Gus
    OK, could you let me know which big update you are talking about?

Gus

2.5 I think? One where the old paper dolls pre EE stopped working properly
    @GarrusN7, I am guessing here that you are still using the Android install...

When you open the Character Record and customise the sounds for the character, do you see the soundset for either 'Arthas' or 'Riddick'? You should see them along with Default, Male1-5 and Female1-5 etc. If you don't then the update may have deleted them and they would need to be reinstalled.

If you don't see them in the game, but can see them in your files listing when you open with your file manager, then they may be in the worng area. Could you detail what folder there are in?

If they are there, could you try to create a new character and see if selecting them during character creation works when testing the sound?

Gus
    @GarrusN7, I am guessing here that you are still using the Android install...

When you open the Character Record and customise the sounds for the character, do you see the soundset for either 'Arthas' or 'Riddick'? You should see them along with Default, Male1-5 and Female1-5 etc. If you don't then the update may have deleted them and they would need to be reinstalled.

If you don't see them in the game, but can see them in your files listing when you open with your file manager, then they may be in the worng area. Could you detail what folder there are in?

If they are there, could you try to create a new character and see if selecting them during character creation works when testing the sound?

Gus

I have everything, from OG voices to custom ones. The only thing not working is the selection sound for the custom voices. Everything else works.
    edited August 2019
    @GarrusN7, sorry, I thought that you meant all of the custom voices weren't working... So far as the custom Selection sound goes, this is a known problem, and here. Hopefully it is fixed for 2.6.

Gus

Edit: Hold on, this is for BG2EE isn't it. That was fixed. I just tested on my system with Arthas and had no problems with the Selection sounds.
    @GarrusN7, sorry, I thought that you meant all of the custom voices weren't working... So far as the custom Selection sound goes, this is a known problem, and here. Hopefully it is fixed for 2.6.

Gus

Edit: Hold on, this is for BG2EE isn't it. That was fixed. I just tested on my system with Arthas and had no problems with the Selection sounds.

I checked recently, so it seems that not entirely.