Skip to content

[mod] Skie - The Cost of One Girl's Soul

Comments

• AngulimalaAngulimala Member Posts: 82
    I got the Skie bonus merchant to install, but the rest of the content got skipped. This is an install from March, so maybe things have been updated since then? I know she nerfed a few mods, to tone them down a bit (e.g. DSotSC), but I don't know how many changes she made to mods in an install without her Saga installed. So I hope my next attempt (w/o Roxanne's saga) will include an untouched Skie. I want all Lava mods on my next playthrough.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    I don't think Sandrah Saga touches Skie. The two mods are most probably not compatible, though, because of the different approaches concerning the soul dagger.

EET got updated in the meantime to give exactly this install error if the function for NPC transition is called before the NPC's scripts are compiled. So the bug was there before but it didn't stop the installation on earlier EET releases.
    It's a daft error and I'm responsible it's in Skie. (One of those "you are smarter afterwards" moments.)
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    edited June 2019
    @jastey - if that's just a matter of command order and you have a moment, then sure. Thank you. I should ba able to upload it today. But only if that does not mean you will have to put your other stuff aside. You already do so much great work with many other updates.
    Post edited by LavaDelVortel on
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    No worries, I feel responsible for this. I'll try to do it on the weekend the latest.
    Hey, it's ok! I could say it's my fault that I do not play EET :P So... let's just say it's no one's fault. It's only fair!
    @LavaDelVortel quality mods, including your contributions, when they are not compatible with EET, are another motivation to not play EET. It's a bittersweet trade off.
    Thanks to @jastey the problem is now solved. New version is up!
    Yayyyyy!! Sorry, so few things excite me these days. I watched part of a naked bike parade today, and was like "meh" but then I find out this mod is now compatible with EET and I want to do a backflip.
  • amberCoffeeCatamberCoffeeCat Member Posts: 90
    Hiya! I got the quest for Skie's soul and the bonus merchant. After rescuing Skie, some lady appeared to give me a pink cloak, but that was it. Skie hasn't shown after that (and I rested in city inns many times). Any help you can give?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    for me atlest she tends to just pop up in an inn after a few days. and you got to notice she is there they don't have her walking up to you.
    Oh, okay, I will make a round through all inns, then. She should have already been there by long, it's been some 30 days after the quest already ^^
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Just checking that you did install the component that allows Skie to join you as a recruitable member, right? There's 3 separate components for this mod, the Soultaker Dagger/freeing Skie's soul part, the part that adds her as a recruitable companion, and the part that adds a merchant to Waukeen's Promenade with some SoD-themed items for purchase.

If you have, then yes, about 3 or 4 days after you complete the dagger side-quest, Skie should pop up and talk to you when you enter an inn. (For me, it was the Copper Coronet.)
    Since I have a mega mod installation and I installed everything together in one go (manually, as BWS didn't want to cooperate), I did a sanity check to make sure that the component did not fall through the crack. Her CRE file shows in Near Infinity, as well as the SkieReturns global in Shadow Keeper (and it shows value of 1), and her SkieReturnsTimer (which shows over 5,5 mln).

So yeah, I'm preeetty sure I have it installed ^^ But it looks like something is amiss/corrupted?

I found the script that should create her and enforce dialogue. I CLUAd to all the areas listed there, then rested in some of those, but she still hasn't show up. Any ideas?
    @LavaDelVortel Probably a question for the mod maker, hopefully they can help. :)

If all else fails, maybe try looking up her CRE file and then manually spawning her in using the console?
    You may try C:SetGlobal("L#2SkieReturns","GLOBAL",3) and C:CreateCreature("l#2sdski")
    Then talk to her. She will leave at first but from that moment you should be able to pick her up at the Promenade.
    I'll try, thanks. So I guess it's some kind of a problem with the timer?
    I have no idea. It works for most, I suppose, but once in a while some problems pop up with that script. Perhaps it will get some extra love when I'll be updating the mod again, if I come up with a better way of scripting it.
    Playing through a new megamod EET install, Skie restoration quest worked perfectly, Skie appeared after a few days when I rested at the Sea's Bounty, though I almost missed her since she sort of blended in to the dark background. I didn't take Skie into the party since I'm playing a super evil power hungry villain type, so I dont know if her other content works (banter and etc). Not sure if she has a quest, though I'm curious if she will banter with Foundling and Verr'Sza...
    Skie DOES have some additional content. There's a bonus encounter if you bring her to Spellhold (or more accurately, to Brynnlaw), and there's also a small side encounter once Skie's been in the party for a while where a Flaming Fist mage shows up to try and take Skie back to Baldur's Gate.

I don't think she has any additional quests in ToB, but in both games she does have her own banter and dialogue with you and other party members.
    Good to know, she's definitely on my list for next playthrough. Her soundset is great, I wonder if it is an unused soundset, as if the developers originally planned to make her a joinable NPC in SoD.
    Those are lines from her dialogue. I sit and cut them to pieces to make sure there are no plot-related things in there to make it more universal.
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    I was curious, did you ever consider allowing for Skie to be installed with the Shadowdancer or Swashbuckler kit? Or did you feel that those kits didn't fit the vision you had with her character?
    Shadowdancer - in my opinion - seem to be masters of quite unique skills, like shadowstep and I find it hard to believe that is something she would learn in the Silvershield estate. Swashbuckers are more... fighter-ish kit and she is kinda fragile. So I considered the pure class to be the best option. However I was the one who felt shadowdancer could work fine with Fade so if you want someone with that kit in the party, Fade may fill that gap :) I suppose I would rather see something like "cat burglar" kit for Skie, but I don't really want to introduce kit in this mod. It already adds a quest, a new BG2 NPC and a small shop... I think it's enought for such project :)
    I discovered that another timer in another, unrelated mod (Wings! for Aerie) had similar problem to the one used in Skie. Both timers were set in a following manner:
    SetGlobalTimer("<timer_name>","GLOBAL",ONE_DAY) - TWO_DAYS in case of Skie.
    Perhaps the "day" expression causes problems in some versions of the game? Maybe it would be more error-proof to use numerical values?
    I use them in all my mods and I don't think that's the problem as that one is the only one where the problem appears. I would say it's because that event is much more dynamic, may appear in many places and perhaps is much more sensitive to interruptions.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Is this mod hosted anywhere else? I finished SoD a few days ago and was waiting to start BG2 with this mod, but SHS has been down :/
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Thank you!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Small error report. When you pick up the pieces of the Soul Taker from behind the painting, Imoen calls Irenicus by name before you actually learn what to call him. Its not until you meet the Dryads that you learn he is called "Irenicus."
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    Small error report. When you pick up the pieces of the Soul Taker from behind the painting, Imoen calls Irenicus by name before you actually learn what to call him. Its not until you meet the Dryads that you learn he is called "Irenicus."

i complained about this and it seems lava is not gonna fix it. i just feel you should just not pick up the dagger until you are about to go through the portal to avoid this little plot hole.