Balrog99

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    Looks about right to me... >:)
    elminsterPermidion_StarkAerakar
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Or just the right amount of kill?

bv3d7ebb651l.png

that is actually quite interesting, for the 2 scrolls of cloudkill that are found out in the wild ( not including durlag's tower ) i used to use one of those scrolls on that very battle, and the other scroll?

i would use it on the spider group just to the east of that group
    Balrog99Permidion_Stark
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380

bv3d7ebb651l.png

Generally I think CK based spells are overkill because most enemies aren't scripted to cancel it out with zone of sweet air or scripted to just vacate the area.

It can get really cheesy using them but in this instance those mages are miserable 1v1. Especially in a no-reload. Do what you have to do I guess.
    Permidion_Stark
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    When facing Beholders in BG2, I have SO much fun equipping Jaheira with the Shield of Balduran, sending her in to just stand passively among them and then tossing 2 or 3 Cloudkill spells into their midst (Jaheira is immune to poison as a level 14 Druid) and watch the Beholders slowly choke to death while futilely staring at the half-elf who I presume is giving them some very choice words as they die.
    Permidion_StarkThacoBellBalrog99leeux
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2019
    sarevok57 wrote: »

bv3d7ebb651l.png

that is actually quite interesting, for the 2 scrolls of cloudkill that are found out in the wild ( not including durlag's tower ) i used to use one of those scrolls on that very battle, and the other scroll?

i would use it on the spider group just to the east of that group

I dropped an Ice Storm on them!
    Noloir wrote: »

bv3d7ebb651l.png

Generally I think CK based spells are overkill because most enemies aren't scripted to cancel it out with zone of sweet air or scripted to just vacate the area.

It can get really cheesy using them but in this instance those mages are miserable 1v1. Especially in a no-reload. Do what you have to do I guess.

Despite having played for 20 years or so this was my first ever casting of Cloudkill (in the past I have been too worried that I will kill my own party with it). However, I have been overdoing the cheese on this run. I always play no reloads and no potions (except antidotes) but I think I am going to have to impose a no wands and scrolls rule on myself as well because I have been fireballing everything in sight. It gets the job done but it's not very satisfying.
    Balrog99sarevok57AerakarSCARY_WIZARD