Skip to content

Hackers keyboard with baldurs gate cheats on android

Hi all, its been a while. I understand how you get cheats to work on baldurs gate ee on android but can someone please tell me how you use hackers keyboard for it. On my first discution someone said it works well but ive never got it to work.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Phycoanto, here is the conversion that we had a while ago. It still contains the files and keystrokes that may help.

There is another way which is easier to use/setup. The link takes you to a GUI method of accessing the console. There is no need to worry about Hacker's Keyboard, just create an override folder and place the appropriate UI.MENU in. A new icon will show in the bottom right hand corner. Press to activate the console and Long press to close it. Instructions are included.

Have any probs, just let me know and I will try and help.
    Gus
  • PhycoantoPhycoanto Member Posts: 72
    Just one problem, what does all that mean? Idk if that is a Easter method then hackers keybord. You don't need to create folders in that but hackers keyboard don't work.
    Ok I kind of understand now but your link don't take you to where you download this mod
    Ok. I have a question, where do I file the UI.Menu file?
    Find, not file. So where do I FIND the UI.MENU file
    @Phycoanto, the UI.MENU is located inside the zip file at the end of the post. It has all of the modified UI.MENUs for each of the games. Your File Manager should allow you to extract the relevant version of the file.

Gus
    Ok awsame thanks
    Ok, got the ? Button but it does nothing. I done what was explained but it just don't work.
    @Phycoanto, if you touch the button (are you getting a ? on the button or is that just because you didn't know what to call it?), it should open the console. Long press to close it.

Can you let me know which version of the game you are using? This was made for v2.5.17.0.

Gus
    Its version 2.5.17.0 and when I push the ? All I get is a help guide
    And yes I'm getting a ? Symbol
    @Phycoanto, that is odd. It should be the same icon as the Journal. We are talking about the icon in the bottom right hand just to the left of the 'Select All' icon (the one with faces and a dotted rectangle around them)?

Do you have any other mods installed?

Gus
    The ? On the bottom left. I don't think I've put the file in the right place or if I had to edit it at all.
    Ok, I'll send a screen shot of the game
    6zl159h8cjln.jpg
    @Phycoanto ,yeah it isn't installed. Attached is the UI.MENU zipped up.

To install, download the file and unpack it so that the file inside copies into the following folder:
    Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files/override

If the override foloder doesn't exist, just create it. You should end up with:
    Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files/override/UI.MENU

Make sure the game isn't running when you set it up.

You should end up with something like:

t80zgqmvwllb.jpg

To open console, touch icon; to close, long press.

Gus
    Yeah it had the override file and the u.menu file in it. But what do I do with the ui.menu file, do I move it somewhere?
    Sorry, I didn't read that properly. Ok, here is the final result
    8h2i2se5mx49.jpg
    edited August 2019
    There you have it fokes and blokes lol. Thank you again, it was more simple then I thought. Also. I might make a chat on here about your thoughts on baldurs gate 3 tc gus and thanks again
    Gusinda
    Oh, i have 1 final question,how do you teleport from 1 part of the map to the other with this cheat system
    @Phycoanto, unfortuntely unless you have an external keyboard, to wont be able to use the CTRL-J function for quickly moving around the map. Good to see that it works for you.

Gus
    Ok no worry and I found out how to create items. Thanks for your time. :)
    Gusinda
    Yo, sorry the change the subject, I dont want to keep making new discussions but what's the highst level for bg and bg2? I mean the ee on android
    Hi @Phycoanto, have a look here. It will show you the XP cap and the level you could be expect to reach using different classes. This is for each of the games incl Black Pits and SoD.

Gus
    Aww yes, I just tried out that a sorcerer can go max level 9 on bgee and a multieclass, warrior/mage/theif can only go max 6 and so basically your going up more levels multi class coz 6 x 3 = 18 so your basically going up 18 levels . Good hint there
  • SandkatzeSandkatze Member Posts: 34
    but that doesn't just have pros. a pure class gets stronger skills at higher levels. a mixed class might get more levels but they are acumulated through multiple lower levels which won't have the strong skills.
    another point you shouldn't discard are hit points, achievable AC, THAC0 as well as equipment you can use.

for me a huge con for example would be that 1 quick weapon slot for an f/m/t but that is my personel preference.
    Yes I understand that, but if anyone, like myself are all about high level then stats would go for multi class, I dont really like maxing out levels before the game ends