Skip to content

Baldur's Gate sub save folders for each character

Might have been raised before. But just to clarify I'm not looking for a save game editor.
It's a recommendation to the load/save game UI that each Player character will get it's own sub-saves.
How Pillars of Eternity saves games is exactly what we need in Baldur's Gate. I play the game over and over to try the different classes and I don't necessarily finish one class play through before i Start another. There are days where I may feel like playing my magic caster and there are days I feel like hacking things. It would be so much easier to do this if there were sub folders for each character we start a game with.

Comments

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Maybe I'm missing something here but when I click on Load Game I can see all of the five games that I've currently got running and I simply click on whichever one I wish to resume playing (or is this something that has changed since v1.3?)
  • hkstylezhkstylez Member Posts: 2
    dunbar wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something here but when I click on Load Game I can see all of the five games that I've currently got running and I simply click on whichever one I wish to resume playing (or is this something that has changed since v1.3?)

no, not missing anything. But I find it disorganised.
    It would be nice if all the quick-saves and auto-saves for one character do not get mixed up or overwritten because you have decided to play with another character.

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Ah, I don't use quick or auto saves, I save manually with two saves for each each game, i.e. "charname" and "charname bu" ('bu' standing for 'back up').
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @hkstylez, I know you are looking for a developer feature, but there is a component in Tweaks Anthology which allows you to Personalize Automatic Save Names. This is the scheme I use which works for Android as well as PC:

000000000-Protagonist-Save-Name

It renames quick saves as well as auto chapter saves and keeps them apart...

I found that '000000000-[Protagonist]-Save-Name' didn't work nicely with the file system in Android but worked fine for PC, so I just stick with the one above. Haven't treid any of the rest.

Gus
    hkstylez