Skip to content

Party Size?

Sar_YehudahSar_Yehudah Member Posts: 135
Is there a mod which will allow me to increase my party size more than six? I just want to add valygar.

Comments

• Sar_YehudahSar_Yehudah Member Posts: 135
    GemRB isn't gonna work tho. I can't use it with EE
  • AquadrizztAquadrizzt Member Posts: 1,065
    @Sar_Yehudah , there are no mods (nor will there ever be, barring a source code release which will not happen) that increase the hard-coded 6 person cap for any non-GemRB variant of the engine. Much of the game's code presumes a maximum of 6 party members, and it is well beyond the scope of modding to change it, unfortunately.
  • nysinysi Member Posts: 60
    There is a Solaufein NPC mod that allow you to add Solaufein as a 7th party member, but I never tried it and don't know if it work well.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited August 2019
    nysi wrote: »
    There is a Solaufein NPC mod that allow you to add Solaufein as a 7th party member, but I never tried it and don't know if it work well.

Well, he would work like a summoned monster and only be partially controllable.
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Alas, because I'd love to have a party size above 6 too. :/ In BG1 I'd add in Alora, Khalid and Jaheira to my usual group (Ajantis, Kivan, Branwen, Imoen and Yeslick), and keep the 10th slot open for "floating" NPCs whom I need to do personal quests for. In SoD, I'd add in Glint, Voghiln and Rasaad. In BG2, I'd add in Minsc/Sarevok, Rasaad and Mazzy.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    ThacoBell wrote: »
    nysi wrote: »

Well, he would work like a summoned monster and only be partially controllable.

He follows like a familiar. You have full control but cannot access his inventory, but quickslot items.
    My Solaufein mod is not fully translated to English yet, though. The beginnings rescue quest is all in English, but his party dialogues are not.
    I see. No way around it then. Truth be told I more want Valygar for story purposes than actual gameplay. For one, he seems to be a uniquely interesting character. Thing is, I made my 3 best friends into party members as custom characters. I do have a possible workaround solution, but I'm not sure how to actually import another character into my save. My solution would be to combine two of the friends into one character. I was thinking a mage/swashbuckler, combining my thief and wizard. Any way to replace two characters with a new one?
    please can someone help?
    bump
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    I never did that bit it might be possible to load your save in a multiplayer game, change created NPCs as you see fit, and then reload the new multiplayer game in normal single game mode with your replaced companion(s) to continue.
    I'll try that and get back to you asap.
    OKay it can be done but I'm not able to use eekeeper to level the character up and i cannot choose specializations of thief for mage/thief. I may have to give up.