Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Baldur's Gate sub save folders for each character

hkstylezhkstylez Member Posts: 2
Might have been raised before. But just to clarify I'm not looking for a save game editor.
It's a recommendation to the load/save game UI that each Player character will get it's own sub-saves.
How Pillars of Eternity saves games is exactly what we need in Baldur's Gate. I play the game over and over to try the different classes and I don't necessarily finish one class play through before i Start another. There are days where I may feel like playing my magic caster and there are days I feel like hacking things. It would be so much easier to do this if there were sub folders for each character we start a game with.

Comments

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,456
    Maybe I'm missing something here but when I click on Load Game I can see all of the five games that I've currently got running and I simply click on whichever one I wish to resume playing (or is this something that has changed since v1.3?)

• hkstylezhkstylez Member Posts: 2
    dunbar wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing something here but when I click on Load Game I can see all of the five games that I've currently got running and I simply click on whichever one I wish to resume playing (or is this something that has changed since v1.3?)

no, not missing anything. But I find it disorganised.
    It would be nice if all the quick-saves and auto-saves for one character do not get mixed up or overwritten because you have decided to play with another character.

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,456
    Ah, I don't use quick or auto saves, I save manually with two saves for each each game, i.e. "charname" and "charname bu" ('bu' standing for 'back up').

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,562
    Hi @hkstylez, I know you are looking for a developer feature, but there is a component in Tweaks Anthology which allows you to Personalize Automatic Save Names. This is the scheme I use which works for Android as well as PC:

000000000-Protagonist-Save-Name

It renames quick saves as well as auto chapter saves and keeps them apart...

I found that '000000000-[Protagonist]-Save-Name' didn't work nicely with the file system in Android but worked fine for PC, so I just stick with the one above. Haven't treid any of the rest.

Gus

hkstylez