Skip to content

[BG2] Isra NPC mod (Sunite cavalier) -- playtesters wanted!

RhaellaRhaella Member, Developer Posts: 178
Hey, just wanted to announce that I'm going to be ready for playtesters very soon for the BG2 portion of the mod, so if anyone is interested in helping out, just let me know what your username is at Spellhold Studios so I can contact you. Or you can sign up there instead: http://www.shsforums.net/topic/56301-playtesters-wanted/.

Isra is a cavalier paladin of Sune, and a knight with the Sisters and Brothers of the Ruby Rose. You may have originally run into her along the Sword Coast, but you can find her again in the Den of the Seven Vales in Waukeen's Promenade, where she's looking into some family concerns.

She has several quests in Athkatla, and if you like intrigue involving the Amnish merchant nobility, her storyline will probably appeal to you. She also has both friendship and romance content (for both male and female PCs), though her romance is a little bit on the slow burn side. Don't expect declarations of everlasting love, demands for marriage, or anything along those lines. Isra may be romantic, but she's also painfully aware of how difficult it is to balance romance and the paladin lifestyle.

For those who aren't already familiar with her, Isra's somewhat removed from a stereotypical paladin. Anyone whose sympathies lie with the churches of revelry would have to be. For more information, you can visit her forum over at SHS.
Cuv

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Just some questions:

Will the crossbanter feature between her and Valerie be updated? Cos it existed in the old game.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14092/mod-valerie-npc-for-bgee-bgt-tutu/p1

Any plans to carry her to BG2? Will her status be upgraded? Cos they're a bit low atm.

• RhaellaRhaella Member, Developer Posts: 178
    edited May 2013
    Playtesting right now is for BG2, actually. Well, and BG2EE for anybody who's already a beta-tester there. I do intend to update BG1 with voicing at some point in June hopefully, but aside from that, I'm not really planning any more additional content. The Valerie crossmod should still be available unless I broke it somehow and never noticed.

Stats... yep, CON is 17 for BG2. I'm probably leaving STR because the difference is kind of negligible until you hit 19, and there are about a million gauntlets and belts to put it in the 20s anyway. I'm not a fan of 18s or really high stat totals, but if anything seems like it really needs to be higher, let me know. =)
    She's a Paladin of Sune, the god of Love, a bit upgrade in her Charisma (more for Role Play than anything else) wouldn't be a surprise.

If you think that her experiences in BG EE gave teach her more of the life, an upgrade on Wisdom would be nice also.

Those are both status that i think could benefit her in roleplay.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    I don't think raising her CHR to 18 is necessary, and raising her Wisdom would just be a superficial thing since she doesn't use it.

I can understand raising her STR to indicate the player perhaps used a Tome on her, particularly since it's very relevant to the gameplay. :)
    That's the point @Kaeloree, the changes i suggest are more from roleplay point than anything else.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @kamuizin But they don't make a whole lot of sense from a roleplay perspective. Given that not much time has passed between BG1 and BG2, stat increases don't actually make that much sense.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited June 2013
    @Rhaella, @Kaeloree - I'm on playing BGEE on OSX, so I converted the .bat files to shell scripts and subbed in an OSX binary of oggdec. Would you be interested in having the OSX install files for distribution?

Can't wait for my F/T PC to meet Isra! :-)

EDIT: Ooops, didn't see this thread is about Isra on BG2...
    @AstroBryGuy - Hahaha, I've actually been trying to figure out how to handle shell scripts myself (currently playtesting BG2EE on OSX), so yeah, I'd definitely be interested in seeing what you've done.
    AstroBryGuy
    By the way is possible to revamp Prism quest with this mod, so evil people whom don't what to solve the quest in the good way but want graywolf sword and the 2400 xp of the quest (1000 from greywolf and 1400 from saving prism) still got those without having to add +1 to reputation? Of course this way Isra would not join the party (would probally attack the party) but that would give solution to this very frustating quest (for ppl that want to do it in an evil way).

At the moment if i want to play mean, i have to agree to leave prism in peace... say to graywolf to left me out of his fight (cos all the other answers are goody two shoes ones) and kill prism after the fight instead of speaking with him (otherwise he thank me and i get 1 rep point).

An option to choose to take the bounty, fighting Isra, then later fighting greywolf to keep your bounty and then by killing/arrestomg prism to turn him, his body and the gems to Oblek for a greater reward would be nice.

Obs: to arrest maybe an unnarmed strike (from an no monk character) that put him uncounscious, just force talk after hit him to take the body (as was done with the soldier in the cloudpeak mountains that we carry to FAI, in the place we got the fire ring).
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Rhaella - The attached zip archive contains the new files and an edited .tp2 file.

The new files are shell scripts to duplicate the functionality of the Windows .bat files on OSX. Also, there are OSX versions of weidu (from @Nifft - http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/272623/#Comment_272623) and oggdec.

I edited the "//End bat files" section to detect the platform (Windows/OSX) and call the correct commands at exit/uninstall (starting at line 143 of the .tp2 file).

Let me know if you have any questions, or if something doesn't work for you.
    @kamuizin - It'd be pretty easy to script a check to see if both Prism and Greywolf are dead, and if Greywolf isn't, have him show up afterwards to challenge the party for the emeralds. I really don't think that sort of workaround belongs in this mod, though -- requiring the installation of a paladin NPC for an evil RPing option seems a bit counter-intuitive to me.

@AstroBryGuy - Well, I couldn't get the installation shell script to run, so I switched it over to a .command file and now it seems to be working. At least, I think it is. I've only got BGEE on PC, so I can't actually test install it. It's all working for BG2 on OSX, though.

Here's the command shell to make sure it's still installing properly. Everything else is pretty much what you sent me.
  • ObiObi Member Posts: 1
    Hmm, I got her through to where Bhodi turns her to a vamp, killed her, took her body and Bhodi's heart to the temple Ruins, revived her...but now she's a Fallen Cavalier. :/

Did I do something wrong or is that supposed to happen?
    That's normal. If she hasn't said anything about how to fix it, you'll need to either update to the most recent version or grab a bug fix over at SHS. That part was a bit buggy when first ported to BG2EE.
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    Not sure if anyone is doing anything with this mod anymore, but I will ask just in case. I have a quest question.

I am doing the quest "Another Day in Athkatla" where Quentin Jysstev is locked up for smuggling. I have spoken to the Priest of Tyr in Government district, the smuggler in prison, the smugglers friend in the seas bounty, Qar Jysstev (got Quentin's log book), and brought the swill to the smuggler in jail. I can't find anything else to do or anyone else to talk to. How does the quest move forward?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666

Not sure if anyone is doing anything with this mod anymore, but I will ask just in case. I have a quest question.

I am doing the quest "Another Day in Athkatla" where Quentin Jysstev is locked up for smuggling. I have spoken to the Priest of Tyr in Government district, the smuggler in prison, the smugglers friend in the seas bounty, Qar Jysstev (got Quentin's log book), and brought the swill to the smuggler in jail. I can't find anything else to do or anyone else to talk to. How does the quest move forward?
    the big world fix pack fixes this

Which version are you using? Because v3 should have fixed this. If "rh#QarTalks" is not at 4, you will have to set it there manually.

Assuming nothing is broken, have you tried resting?
    Ah, I have version 2.1 for BG2EEE. I'll update.
    Updating in the middle of the game might be dangerous, and unless you backtrack to an earlier save won't really help you at this point anyway. You're probably better off just manually fixing the variable, either with EEKeeper or the console command: C:SetGlobal("rh#QarTalks","GLOBAL",4)
    @Rhaella, Thank you!

I used EEKeeper and it finished the quest (a bit anti-climatically in my opinion). Interested to see if there is more to this.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Rhaella said:

Updating in the middle of the game might be dangerous, ...

What if my ONLY encounter with Isra so far was the initial conversation in the Den of Seven Veils? - still a no-no?

Rhaella said:

Updating in the middle of the game might be dangerous, ...

What if my ONLY encounter with Isra so far was the initial conversation in the Den of Seven Veils? - still a no-no?
    It's the rest of your installation that would concern me. If Isra is the last thing you installed, you should be fine. Otherwise, you might end up with all sorts of issues with other mods as well.
  • FiddlerFiddler Member Posts: 30
    edited July 2018
    Hey, can I get Isra back in my party in Chapter 6?

I only had her for a short time in my party in Chapter 2, and I let her go (I did romance, too short of a time). I was thinking about picking her back up now that I am in Chapter 6, but I can't find her anywhere. Is it possible to get he back into the party, and if so where would she be?

Thanks!
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Fiddler wrote: »
    Hey, can I get Isra back in my party in Chapter 6?

I only had her for a short time in my party in Chapter 2, and I let her go (I did romance, too short of a time). I was thinking about picking her back up now that I am in Chapter 6, but I can't find her anywhere. Is it possible to get he back into the party, and if so where would she be?

Thanks!

Did you try the Lathander temple in the temple district?
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited August 2019
    @Isewein I read a comment somewhere made by you where you say that you did not enjoy isra in ToB as much as Isra in SoA. Care to explain why?
    Post edited by Arthas on