Skip to content

pool of radiance 2 ruins of myth drannor

SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
I have heard that the game is bugged and sold poorly but decided to try. One thing that is gamebreaking for me is the mouse acceleration that can't be turned off doesn't matter how much effort i put into turning off. After i finished ToEE and ToEE with Co8 who removes the awful lv cap of 10, i was wanting to test this other turn based game.

For those who played. Worth hurting my hand due mouse acceleration? The game is good?

Comments

• themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    I've always wondered this too. I keep hoping GoG picks it up and makes it playable. But was there ever a fan patch like ToEE that made it worth it?
  • SorcererV1ct0rSorcererV1ct0r Member Posts: 2,176
    I've always wondered this too. I keep hoping GoG picks it up and makes it playable. But was there ever a fan patch like ToEE that made it worth it?

I don't know. ToEE from base game is not that great due some awful design decisions like cap your character to lv 10, but Co8 made ToEE an amazing game. PoR2 i can't play because the mouse acceleration hurts hard my hand..
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    There is a speedup tool for Pool of Radiance that makes the whole game a little more bearable. I don't know what mouse acceleration is. I actually enjoy this game, but i'm the exception to the rule when it comes to these things. I even like the NWN OC.
    There is a speedup tool for Pool of Radiance that makes the whole game a little more bearable. I don't know what mouse acceleration is. I actually enjoy this game, but i'm the exception to the rule when it comes to these things. I even like the NWN OC.

Is hard to explain what is mouse acceleration but imagine that you move the mouse A mm distance and in the computer, moves B, if you move quickly 2A, the in screen movement is 2B without mouse acceleration or 4B/6B/8B with mouse acceleration, the speed of the mouse is accelerated, mostly in a inconsistent way and it hurts my hand..

It makes the mouse far more imprecise. Since i played a lot of FPS games and have an big hand, no mouse acceleration or smoothing makes me far more precise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNa1fc_dkmI
    edited August 2019
    @SorcererV1ct0r Are you on version 1.4? I wonder if that would fix it. I unfortunately don't have experience with the game myself, but it is on my list of games to try at some point, so I'm interested in it working. (I'm familiar with mouse acceleration, just not sure how to resolve it without a patch, though I'm still searching).
    edited August 2019
    Yep. The 1.4 path din't removed mouse acceleration. I can't play any game with it or motion blur
  • PsicoVicPsicoVic Member Posts: 868
    edited August 2019
    Yeah, mouse acceleration can be annoying, but it is a tb game, so it is not game-breaking.

The game really needs a speed hack mod (The game is old, it shows) but it is a nice pure-dungeon-crawler and you feel the D&D vibe in it. There are no villages and such, it is all about the exploration of one big dungeon: the ruins of Myth Drannor.
    Could use more enemies and environments (it is a little repetitive) and more classes but it is a good game for classic RPGs fans. It is also a low-level-start, low-magic campaign.
    And I say CRPG fans because you miss a lot and you cannot rest all the time, and that is something that people that are not used to old-fashioned rpg games do not like at all.
    PsicoVic wrote: »
    Yeah, mouse acceleration can be annoying, but it is a tb game, so it is not game-breaking..

Is hand breaking. hu3hu3hu3